Some pictures aren't showing up on CMS Masters theme.

I cannot for the life of me figure out what is causing the problems with displaying the "bio" area of City Council.

Any help you be greatly appreciated. You will see that the first two "bio's" for Mayor and Mayor Pro-Tem are coming up correctly. Then, moving on to the rest of them, it's having an error. Yet, through the dashboard, I can see the images in the content editor.

Any suggestions? Link is below.

http://cityofhanahan.com/government/city-council/

• Michelle Shull
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

Hey David!

First off, welcome to WPMU DEV! We're so glad you became a member. : )

Second, the photos of all your folks are showing up for me, can you try giving your browser a history/cache/cookie clean and refreshing the page? If that doesn't work, can you let me know which browser you're using?

Thanks so much!

• David
    • The Crimson Coder

Michelle,
    Thanks for the formal welcoming. I enjoy what I see so far.

So, I just double checked on Chrome browser running on Windows 8.1. I see the images, however on my Android device (Note 3) and something really weird is happening.

On my Android device, I can see the first three now, ending in Councilman Cox. The other images aren't showing up, but it's clear with the indent in the text that the image should still be there.

I again checked the pages and it's showing up. Frustrating I tell you.

Again, thanks for the help Michelle.

• aristath
    • Recruit

Hello again @David, I hope you're well today!

I just tested this on Chrome as well as on a Nexus4 phone, I couldn't find anything wrong with your site. Both browsers displayed it fine...
    Are you still having this issue or have you already managed to resolve this one?

Please advise,
    Ari.

• David
    • The Crimson Coder

Hello Ari,
    Thanks for the response. Myself and a few community members are still seeing the error. I have attached a few screenshots. One is one of the councilman's pictures working properly, the other is one of a councilman photo that isn't appearing. Also, I see the text is indented, which makes me think that represents where the image should load.

Thanks,
    David

• David
    • The Crimson Coder

Ari,
    Not sure I follow what your asking. The specific page is http://cityofhanahan.com/government/city-council/

The images appear fine in my browser. The other day, the images weren't appearing on my browser and another PC (Internet Explorer 9 on one, Chrome on the other) and then it appears it is also effecting mobile.

The pages haven't changed, image is shown in preview and in the Page Editor.

Thanks for all the help,
    David

• Michelle Shull
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

Hey David!

I'm trying to take a look, but it seems as though your site is down, I'm getting an unable to connect to database error, which usually means the error is on the host end, and not yours.

If this isn't the case, and you need help with this issue, definitely let us know. If it is your host, can you report in when it's back online?

Thanks, David!

• David
    • The Crimson Coder

Hello Michelle. Its back. I run the servers its on, and I fat figured a line. Eh, woops. Thanks again for your continued support. New membership has been well worth it, in enthusiasm at any rate. I'm sure you and the other intelligence people here can figure this head scratcher out.

• Michelle Shull
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

Hey David!

No worries, and I have a workaround for you.

It looks like, at least in the nexus browser, the images for the third person on down are being resized to 0px by 0px. We can overwrite that with a little CSS, like so:

@media only screen and (max-device-width: 480px) {

img.alignleft, img.fl {
    height: auto;
    width: auto;
    }
    }

Do you have a custom CSS plugin? If you've got Jetpack, it comes with one; some themes include a CSS editor, or you can get a plugin, like this one: https://wordpress.org/plugins/simple-custom-css/

Hope this helps! Using the mobile emulator in Chrome Canary with this CSS revealed the additional photos to me.

Take care, David!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.