Some Plugins not available in Premium Plugins for Pro Sites

In Pro Sites, I noticed that many of the plugins I want to offer for Premium users are not in the list of plugins that I can make available to a pro site blogger. Why is this? I think the plugins that aren't showing up are network activated, which some have to be to work correctly. For example, I think the Google Analytics + plugin has to be network activated to work with wildcard subdomains. JetPack also has to be network activated to handle one login for all sites. Can you give me an idea of why some plugins aren't in the Premium Plugins admin panel?

• Vinod Dalvi

Hi Anthony,

Thank you for your another question.

You can limit the access of certain things for pro sites and not for Pro Sites user using the various modules provided by Pro Sites on the following path.

Network Admin Area -> Pro Sites -> Modules

For restricting the Pro Sites user from seeing certain things in their admin panels you can use the following Membership2 Pro plugin and its "Admin Side Protection " add-on.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/membership/

Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

• Anthony

I'll try to restate my question.

With Pro Sites, I have it so anyone can pay for and have their own Jazzboo.com blog. With that, I have set up specific plugins that will come with the subscription. Once the user pays, they get a blog with plugins that are network activated, like JetPack, and Pro level plugins like All In One SEO, which are not network activated, but available to Pro Level subs.

In order to restrict access to certain admin features, you recommended using the Membership 2 Pro plugin with "Admin Side Protection." However, once I installed this option, I see that on the front end, the general reader of the site might have to subscribe to the content. With the options listed in the Membership Pro plugin, I don't see a way to:

a. install the plugin
    b. turn off the requirement for the user/reader to pay to see content
    c. subsequently hide specific admin features

Is Pro Sites philosophy that every user who pays for a blog can have access to install their own plugins or turn on or off plugins that are on the plugins page?

Also, when a plugin adds a panel to Settings, there may be times when I don't want the subscriber to have any access to, for example, an API key field for a network activated plugin.

It seems that Pro Sites is great for general purposes, but doesn't have a fine level of granular control over very specific use cases that can't be accounted for today.

• Ash

Hello @Anthony

I hope you are well today.

Is Pro Sites philosophy that every user who pays for a blog can have access to install their own plugins or turn on or off plugins that are on the plugins page?

Yes, you got right.

Also, when a plugin adds a panel to Settings, there may be times when I don't want the subscriber to have any access to, for example, an API key field for a network activated plugin.

This depends on the plugin you are talking about :slight_smile: When a plugin adds a panel to settings page into admin panel, the developer needs to define a capability like manage_options (it's for admin access). Or sometimes the page is protected by role like is_admin() or is_super_admin() function. Pro site doesn't have nothing to do with it :slight_frown:

To customize the admin page based on pro settings, you will need some custom code. If it's a little change then we might be able to provide some custom code. If it's huge customization, you need to hire a developer to assist further. You can post a job in our job board where you can hire a developer to assist further: https://premium.wpmudev.org/wpmu-jobs/ Please note that, no WPMU official staff is available in the job board.

Cheers
    Ash

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.