Some problems finishing my Fixer site.

I'm almost finished with my new "Fixer" site which I started this morning. It's an awesome theme... it just takes some getting used to. A few things I never figured out how to do and wonder if I could get some help.

1. How to change the menu font color

2. How to change the background color (yellow) in the blog comments section. The green edit wheel doesn't seem to work.

3. There is a permanent very dark line under one of my nav bar links.

4. How do I put my nav bar on all my pages?

5. When I try to add pages to the nav bar or move them around from the backend, and hit save, nothing happens on the front end. I haven't found a front end way to work with the menu.

6. I wish Upfront had a toolbar with links to:
a. the Wordpress dashboard
b. to view the site

7. I wish there were a way to customize things from the backend too.

8. What will happen if I build or edit pages from the backend instead of the front end? I'm scared to try because of some "Fixer" warning that popped up when I started to.

I know that's a bunch of questions, but it will surely be nice to get this finished up tomorrow!

:slight_smile:

Regina

• Vinod Dalvi

Hi Regina,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your questions.

1. How to change the menu font color

You can change it by using the following CSS code.

#menu-fixer-menu li a {
      color: #5ebf6b;
    }

Change the color value in the above code to whatever you want to use.

You can use the above custom CSS code by adding it in the Custom CSS option of the upfront theme as described in the below post and pdf.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/Upfront_guide.pdf
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/upfront-custom-css/

2. How to change the background color (yellow) in the blog comments section. The green edit wheel doesn't seem to work.

You can change the background color (yellow) in the blog comments section using the following CSS code.

div#respond.comment-respond {
      background: #5ebf6b;
    }

3. There is a permanent very dark line under one of my nav bar links.

Could you please share your site URL where it's displaying so that i can help you to remove it?

I tried to test it on your site but it seems your site is using greenigma theme and not Fixer theme.

4. How do I put my nav bar on all my pages?

Just make it global region as described on the following page.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/upfront-regions/

5. When I try to add pages to the nav bar or move them around from the backend, and hit save, nothing happens on the front end. I haven't found a front end way to work with the menu.

It's getting added for me from the admin area / backend and from front end.

When you try to add it from the backend then make sure to check "Default" theme locations for the menu as shown in the attached screenshot.

You can add it from the front end in the upfront edit mode as shown in the second attached screenshot.

6. I wish Upfront had a toolbar with links to:
    a. the Wordpress dashboard
    b. to view the site

Currently you can exit from the upfront mode and then using WordPress default admin Bar you can navigate to the respective pages.

I will move this over to the features & feedback section. This way it can be considered for future development, and we can also see what other community members think about the feature request.

7. I wish there were a way to customize things from the backend too.

Upfront themes are specially designed to customize from the front end using Upfront editor so not all functionality customizeable from backend.

Find more information about it on the following pages.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/tag/upfront

8. What will happen if I build or edit pages from the backend instead of the front end? I'm scared to try because of some "Fixer" warning that popped up when I started to.

If you build or edit pages from the backend instead of the front end then any changes that you have made from the front end will be overwritten with the backend changes so it's strongly recommended to make changes from front end.

Best Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

• Regina

Thank you Vinod!
    That was a quick response and I've been working on those things. I'm still having some problems though.

1. I was able to change the menu font color, thanks!

2.I was able to change the blog comments color but my changes never stuck. I would save the new style and also save on the dashboard and choose it on the background dropdown and do everything I could possibly do, but when I would leave the page and come back later it had gone back to default style. (and yes I did choose my new style from the dropdown and save).

3. The dark line on the menu bar disappeared after I worked on the new css style.

4. My nav bar "Fixer Menu" is set to default, and is set to Global Regions, and saved that way several times in Safari, Firefox and Chrome. But I still don't have a Global Menu.

5. I did figure out how to add/change pages in nav bar. Thanks!

Thanks so much for all the help Vinod.
    Regina

• Vinod Dalvi

Hi Regina,

2.I was able to change the blog comments color but my changes never stuck. I would save the new style and also save on the dashboard and choose it on the background dropdown and do everything I could possibly do, but when I would leave the page and come back later it had gone back to default style. (and yes I did choose my new style from the dropdown and save).

I could change the blog comments color to green as described previously and as shown in the attached screenshot.

You can check it on the following post.

https://massagedreamteam.com/m/testtherapist/2015/07/11/hello-world/

4. My nav bar "Fixer Menu" is set to default, and is set to Global Regions, and saved that way several times in Safari, Firefox and Chrome. But I still don't have a Global Menu.

I can see on your site https://massagedreamteam.com/testtherapist/ where you are using the Fixer theme the header is set as global and is displaying on every page as shown in the attached screenshot.

Please advise.

Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.