Some Questions

Hi There,

I just have a few questions on the Framemarket theme.

On the shop picker it lists all sites, but as I have marketpress as a supporter plugin, and also some supporters don't have any products listed, is there a way to choose which shops appear in the drop down list?

There is pagination of the global products on the home page, but none on the category pages, how would I add that?

I have added the global site search to the Buddypress search bar, but it seems very random what appears when I search, and I can't figure out how to add the product thumbnail to the list, is there any way to make this better?

Also the search bar just searches the main site, how would I remove it, and perhaps add the store picker here?

If I use gridmarket as a theme for supporters how would I remove the option to show the shop picker, or again control what shops appear here?

Is there a way to remove the cart on the main page?

I tried to add a section under the products on the main page, for featured products, but it doesn't appear, what would be the best way to implement that, I was going to use the easy slider, but it just doesn't appear.

And dare I ask, will the buddypress options be implemented in the next version of Marketpress.

Thank you!!

• DavidM

Hi Fondeli,

That's quite a list of questions that may each require some detailed discussion. I'll see how I can break this down.

On the shop picker it lists all sites, but as I have marketpress as a supporter plugin, and also some supporters don't have any products listed, is there a way to choose which shops appear in the drop down list?

Restricting the list to Supporter sites may not be so tough but listing only sites that actually have products could get complicated.

What you can do is take a look at framemarket/library/functions/marketpress.php and on line 2 you'll see the framemarket_listall_shopts() function used to generated the list of the store picker.

You could easily specify the exact sites you want listed by id in the query on line 4, with something like this, where x is the site id in question:
    blog_id = 'x'

• DavidM

There is pagination of the global products on the home page, but none on the category pages, how would I add that?

The pagination on the global products is handled by the framemarket_grid_mp_list_products() function in the marketpress.php file mentioned above. I'll see what else I can find with the categories in relation to this.

I have added the global site search to the Buddypress search bar, but it seems very random what appears when I search, and I can't figure out how to add the product thumbnail to the list, is there any way to make this better?

Hmm, are you referring to the Global Site Search plugin? Are you trying to replace the built in search with that? I'm a bit confused because of your further question on removing the search.

Also the search bar just searches the main site, how would I remove it, and perhaps add the store picker here?

Do you mean the BuddyPress search? The following thread should cover that.
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/gridmarket-drop-down-cart-ect

Adding the store picker is easy, just add the code from GridMarket's header.php:

<div id="mp-storepicker">
    	<?php _e( 'Pick a store:', TEMPLATE_DOMAIN ) ?>&nbsp;&nbsp;<?php framemarket_listall_shops(); ?>
    </div>

If I use gridmarket as a theme for supporters how would I remove the option to show the shop picker, or again control what shops appear here?

Removing the shop picker is as easy as removing the code that calls it on line 71 to 73 of framemarket/themes/gridmarket/header.php. You could maybe create a copy of GridMarket and rename it in style.css to use for that purpose.

As above, changing the shops list can be done in the marketpress.php file in the framemarket theme folder.

Is there a way to remove the cart on the main page?

Sure, there's instructions for removing the cart in the following thread:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/gridmarket-drop-down-cart-ect

I tried to add a section under the products on the main page, for featured products, but it doesn't appear, what would be the best way to implement that, I was going to use the easy slider, but it just doesn't appear.

It really depends on where you're trying to insert that. What file are you editing for that?

And dare I ask, will the buddypress options be implemented in the next version of Marketpress.

We don't have an ETA on BuddyPress integration as yet, I'm afraid, so we couldn't really say if it's going to make the next release.

• Fondeli

Thanks David!

I have added blog_id = 'x' in marketpress.php and it works, but I am a bit hopeless and can only get it to display one blog, how could I add more?

Yes, the global site search plugin, I added products to the buddypress search and was able to get that working, but the results seem totally random, and I know this plugin doesn't get the product thumbnail, and I couldn't for the life of me get it to, what would be ideal would be a display like the product list. I am guessing this is a custom job?

The search I want to remove is the site search on the right side?

I added the easing slider to the mp_global_product_list.php in Gridmarket, but I am not too concerned about this.

It was worth a shot on the marketpress and buddypress, I tried adding the products to activity, but again didn't work out for me, not to worry though!

Thanks.

• DavidM

Hi Fondeli,

Really sorry for the delay here, your can check the blog ids using something like this:
    AND (blog_id = '2' OR blog_id = '3' OR blog_id = '4')

The AND and OR operators in sql are detailed in the following:
    http://www.w3schools.com/sql/sql_and_or.asp

The Global Site Search customization really would be a custom job I'm afraid, there's really a lot that would go into that type of edit.

Please just let me know what further questions you have and I'll try to get to them pronto! :slight_smile:

Cheers,
    David

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.