Some Questions About Pro Sites and WHMCS

Hello.

I am making some tests with Pro Sites. The final installation will be using WHMCS Provisioning (currently not installed) and Pro Sites. The idea is to have a 7 days free trial, and then 2 or 3 paid levels.

I have quite a few questions, so let me list them:

1. When a user creates an account and/or a website, the welcome email is not received. Not even in the Spam folder.

2. Is there any way to have different emails sent to the user, depending on the level they are? Or if they are in a free trial or in a paid level?

3. In Pro Sites setting, will the Expiration Email be sent when the trial period ends? (I can’t test this because my installation is not sending any emails)

4. When using WHMCS Provisioning and Pro Sites, will the email be sent from Pro Sites or from WHMCS?

5. When a free trial is created, how can I redirect them to a custom “thank you page” to invite them to upgrade?

6. I will be using Upfront themes. Is there any way to display the “X Days Left for the Free Trial” alert in the front end?

7. Is there any way to offer a discount only to new users? For example, the first 24 hours of a new site will have a discount if they upgrade to pro.

8. I am using the Terms of Service plugin. In the sign up page, I would like to have only a link to the ToS instead of displaying them completely. How could this be done?

9. In the ProSites Options, there is an option that says that I can link directly to /wp-signup.php?weebir-pro=1. I don’t quite understand what is this option for. Please explain this to me a little further.

10. When using Coupons in Pro Sites, will the discounts be applied only to the first payment or to recurring payments?
10.1 If I want to create the same Coupon to apply to more than one level, but not all levels. How could this be done?

Thank you very much for your help!

- Carlos

• Michelle Shull

Hi, Carlos! Let me try to address all your issues here. Typically, we prefer members to create new threads for each question, especially when the answers to each will need to be very detailed. This way if other members come through the forums looking for similar answers, it's easier for them to find, and it keeps us from writing small essays where info can be missed, like I'm about to do here. :slight_smile:

One general note before we get started (and get a coffee, this is a long one.) Once you've got WHMCS Provisioning installed, active, and set up, WHMCS will be handling the entire checkout process for you, so many of the issues you're seeing will make a lot more sense once you're in your WHMCS dash setting things up.

1. When a user creates an account and/or a website, the welcome email is not received. Not even in the Spam folder.

Sounds like the default WP email system is letting you down here, which is pretty common. Try switching to an SMTP mail system to take the load off your server. Here's a handy plugin that should help here: https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-mail-smtp/

2. Is there any way to have different emails sent to the user, depending on the level they are? Or if they are in a free trial or in a paid level?

As of this iteration of Pro Sites, no, but I believe that's on the feature request list for the next big release. I can't promise it will make it in, but I'm optimistic. The email will have the Pro Site level mentioned, and the free trial.

3. In Pro Sites setting, will the Expiration Email be sent when the trial period ends? (I can’t test this because my installation is not sending any emails)

No, because unless they cancel, they'll be charged for their regular subscription as soon as the trial ends. So their subscription isn't expiring, per se.

4. When using WHMCS Provisioning and Pro Sites, will the email be sent from Pro Sites or from WHMCS?

Both, actually!

5. When a free trial is created, how can I redirect them to a custom “thank you page” to invite them to upgrade?

Yes. Here's the gist: You'll need to create a function that redirects a user who has completed sign-up of a free trial to your welcome page. You'll need to hook into the free trial creation function here. If this is Greek to you, this may be a job for a dev. :slight_smile:

6. I will be using Upfront themes. Is there any way to display the “X Days Left for the Free Trial” alert in the front end?

Not at this time, that's a great feature request, though! I'll make sure to note it.

7. Is there any way to offer a discount only to new users? For example, the first 24 hours of a new site will have a discount if they upgrade to pro.

I believe you can do this in WHMCS, which will also let you do a single coupon for multiple products, with we don't let you do with Pro Sites. (See screenshot)

8. I am using the Terms of Service plugin. In the sign up page, I would like to have only a link to the ToS instead of displaying them completely. How could this be done?

Use the Terms of Service shortcode on it's own page, then just create a hyperlink on the Checkout Page you can edit via Pro Sites > Settings.

9. In the ProSites Options, there is an option that says that I can link directly to /wp-signup.php?weebir-pro=1. I don’t quite understand what is this option for. Please explain this to me a little further.

You won't actually need to worry about this at all, since WHMCS will be taking over your entire checkout process here. (As will be the case with several of these steps.) For ProSites only users, this is just a way to make sign-up a bit more streamlined.

10. When using Coupons in Pro Sites, will the discounts be applied only to the first payment or to recurring payments?

WHMCS will actually be handling this, but in Pro Sites only, the discount is only applied to the first payment. WHMCS gives you more freedom here.

10.1 If I want to create the same Coupon to apply to more than one level, but not all levels. How could this be done?

See the screenshot here, WHMCS will let you set this up once you've got your account going over there. Pro Sites alone won't let you do this.

Hope this helps! Thanks for your questions!

• Carlos

Hello Michelle!

Thank you for your Reply. I Promess I will send my questions individually next time :wink:

I think I need to get WHMCS to start making my tests as soon as possible then.

Here are my further questions:

No, because unless they cancel, they'll be charged for their regular subscription as soon as the trial ends. So their subscription isn't expiring, per se.

In my current test setup, I am not asked for payment info when creating my account and site. I have disabled the free site using the Pay To Blog option, and the Free Trial is for the first level in Pro Sites. Therefore, when the trial ends their subscription ends too.

I have not added my paypal information yet, Could this be the reason?

Yes. Here's the gist: You'll need to create a function that redirects a user who has completed sign-up of a free trial to your welcome page. You'll need to hook into the free trial creation function here. If this is Greek to you, this may be a job for a dev. :slight_smile:

This is not Greek, but rather a wierd English. Maybe if you point me in the right direction I can try to make the code myself :wink:

Thank you!

• Sajid

Hi, Carlos! Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

As stated by Michelle, they will only receive expiration email when they will cancel their subscription. So there is no issue if you have not added your PayPal details yet.

To redirect on custom thank you page after signup. Add below code in functions.php file of your theme (if you have child theme then its recommend to add in child theme's functions.php file).

function wpse_19692_registration_redirect() {
        return home_url( '/my-page' );
    }
    add_filter( 'registration_redirect', 'wpse_19692_registration_redirect' );

My page between single quotes will be the page where you want to redirect after signup.

Let us know how it goes.

Kind Regards
    Sajid J

• Sajid

Hi Carlos,

Yes it can be the case, or also do you have any other plugin/code activated for redirection? If yes then please deactivate plugin or remove code temporarily.

If its still not working than would you mind granting support access?

If this is ok, just grant me temporary admin access to your site by clicking "Grant Access" button in the WPMU DEV Dashboard Settings from the following path and reply on this thread after granting it?

Admin -> WPMU DEV -> Support -> Support Access Tab

If you have not installed WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin yet, kindly do that here : https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/wpmu-dev-dashboard/ and then allow access as per the above process.

Cheers!

• Michael Bissett

Hey @Carlos Divas! :slight_smile:

After doing some testing on my own Multisite, here's what you'd need in order to get this redirect working on your Multisite:

<?php

function app_output_buffer() {
    	ob_start();
    }
    add_action('init', 'app_output_buffer');

function wpse_19692_registration_redirect() {
    	wp_redirect( home_url( '/planes/' ), 302 );
    	exit;
    }
    add_action( 'signup_finished', 'wpse_19692_registration_redirect', 1 );

You'd want to insert that code into your site as a mu-plugin. :slight_smile:

Hope this helps!

Kind Regards,
    Michael

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.