Some stores need different percentage settings

Hi,
Now that my app for Pay Pal Chained payments has been approved I find myself moving on to the next problem.
I searched the forum and came up with two related threads Different chained payments settings and request Percentage options. From this search it seems that this is something that is in development but I thought I'd open it up for discussions as maybe a solution already exists.
I am just starting to host subdomain sites on my main site catrinasgarden.com and will be taking 10% of sales from my users sites this is working well.
One of the reasons that I went to the multi-site arrangement rather than having one big shopping cart is that my users needed separate shipping arrangements so this way they can all have their own settings. Some of my own products are so different from my other products that they will require separate shipping so I thought that having a separate store for these products would solve the problem (for example plants are only mailed in spring and other tangible products can be mailed any time so I want a separate store for my plants). The problem is - why would I collect 10% from myself?
I would like the option to charge different amounts for different "levels" but I'm not there yet, need to explore membership etc. For now I just need to find a way to not charge myself. Any ideas?
Thanks,
Catrina

• Catrina

Well, I have not actually tried it. I suppose I will have to get an unrelated friend to test it out for me. I have my administrator store account associated with my PayPal business account and my store owner stores going to my personal Pay Pal account. When I did live testing with a store that did not belong to me it seemed that pay pal somehow "knew" maybe by recognizing the name, and wouldn't let me give money to myself. I don't know if this will be true when my private account is giving money to my business account.
    However, even if it does work, it's just not really right and will potentially cause an accounting nightmare. I will check and see if it works because I have about 5 more stores that are "my own stores" that I'd like to get up and running, but the sooner I can solve this the better.
    As was mentioned by others there are other reasons also why we would want to charge a different percentage for different stores.
    I know your developers are working on it, I guess I find it exciting that little old me would be on the "cutting edge" of this type of thing.
    Catrina

• aecnu

Greetings Catrina,

Just a heads up that a new version of Market press was just released a couple of days ago and specifically in the change log it addressed chain payments issues.

Please update your Market Press and let us know if you have any further issues with chained payments after the update by check marking this ticket as not resolved below and posting any errors or symptoms that you are having.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev Member!

Cheers, Joe

• Catrina

Hi Joe,
    Thanks for the heads up.
    Sorry if it seems that I have dropped off the face of the earth. It's my first year in the garden business and I am finding out just how CRAZY BUSY spring can be. But I guess having lots of orders is good right? :slight_smile:
    I have had to put website development on hold while I fill my orders and I think I'll wait until after the spring rush to update marketpress since it seems to be working right now. I wouldn't want it to get goofed up right when I need it most. I will resume working on marketing and the remaining website problems come late May or June when things slow down.
    Thanks again for letting me know about this.
    Catrina

• aecnu

Greetings Catrina,

Thank you for letting us know and I would completely agree that if it is not broken there is no need to "fix it" and could actually cause a lot more grief if things do not go well.

Enjoy the market at your doorstep while it is flooding you and then revert back to the computer when it is not and you have more time to concentrate on digital things is a good policy and practice to maintain your sanity :slight_smile:

We will be here when you are ready.

Sincerely, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.