Some translations that doesn't work

Hi,
there are a couple of lines that doesn't translate with the most recent update being the cause for the first one.

The first one is: Taxes:
The second one is: PayPal balance, Credit Card, or Instant Transfer
The third line that doesn't translate I think is from the theme Framemarket/Gridmarket and it is: Search

We are launching our new site in a day or so and it would be preferred to have all the translations done before launch for a more professional look.

/Robert

  • aristath
    • Recruit

    Hello there @Dukeswe, I hope you're well today!
    I just took a look at the plugin and theme code, and it seems that all these strings have the proper translation functions...
    And they also exist in the po files!
    If some are not already translated to your language, then you might have to translate them on your own using a program like PoEdit: http://www.poedit.net/

    I hope that helps!

    Cheers,
    Ari.

  • Dukeswe
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

    Yes they do exist inside the po files and I have translated them using Poedit like I have all other lines I've translated. But it still doesn't translate on the site.

    For example the line "Taxes:" translated properly until I updated the marketpress plugin today. In the changelog I read that you did something with taxes showing different.

  • Dukeswe
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

    Here are both my po files. One is the marketpress one and the other is the Framemarket one.

    EDIT: Doesn't seem like your site allows attachement of po files. If you want to take a look at them tell me how I can send them to you.

    Cheers
    /Robert

  • Dukeswe
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

    That was the first thing I did when the new marketpress update arrived. I tried updating my translation but it said there was no new lines. What it looked like to me was that the mp-default.po file hadn't changed at all between the versions.

    So my guess is that the translations are simply pointing wrong. Since I can't see anything I've done wrong on my part.

    Please take another look.
    Maybe try translating the Taxes: part yourself and see if it works for you.

    Thanks
    /Robert

  • aristath
    • Recruit

    @Dukeswe I'm sorry for the delay here, I missed your last reply!

    I tested translating this using the Codestyling Localization plugin: http://wordpress.org/plugins/codestyling-localization/

    It worked fine!

    Can you please try using that instead of PoEdit and let me know if you're still having issues?
    Keep in mind though that the plugin generated files with wrong filenames for me, so I had to move them to the /languages folder and rename them manually to their proper filenames.

    Please advise,
    Ari.

  • Dukeswe
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

    Hi,
    Yeah I was just about to ask what the holdup was ^^
    I loaded up my sv_SE language file in the plugin and it showed that Taxes: was translated. But after I made a new mo file from the plugin it for some reason worked. No clue why only those few lines didn't translate before.

    There was actually a warning inside the plugin that you might be able to shed some light on:
    "Warning: The actual loaded translation content contains mixed textdomains and is not pure translateable within one textdomain.
    It seems, that there is code contained extracted out of other plugins, themes or widgets and used by copy & paste inside some source files.
    The affected unknown textdomains are: wpmudev, psts"

    Also when I first tried to edit the swedish mo file I had it also said this: "Your translation file doesn't support the multiple textdomains in one translation file extension.
    Please re-scan the related source files at the overview page to enable this feature."

    Have I done some error when translating through Poedit?

    Also I just tried the same thing for the theme to see if it fixed the Search button in the top right but it still won't translate for some reason. So still one word that refuses to translate.

    Cheers
    /Robert

  • aristath
    • Recruit

    Also I just tried the same thing for the theme to see if it fixed the Search button in the top right but it still won't translate for some reason. So still one word that refuses to translate.

    Did you translate it on the gridmarket theme, or framemarket?

    Please advise,
    Ari.

  • aristath
    • Recruit

    Can you try translating it on the GridMarket theme?
    Add this in the theme's functions.php file:

    add_action( 'after_setup_theme', 'gridmarket_textdomain' );
    function gridmarket_textdomain() {
        load_child_theme_textdomain( 'framemarket', get_stylesheet_directory() . '/languages' );
    }

    Then create a "languages" folder in the theme and using the localization plugin try translating it.

    Let me know if that helps...

    Cheers,
    Ari.

  • Dukeswe
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

    Hi,
    Decided are going to keep it untranslated for now. Don't like to customize themes and such too much because it makes upgrading more difficult in that you have to remember the changes and redo them all the time.

    Perhaps you will fix the search button translation in a future release of the theme :slight_smile:

    /Robert

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.