Some trouble installing WP Smush Pro

Hi,

New to WPMU Dev -- can't wait to dig in!

But I just tried to install WP Smush Pro and I get this error:

Downloading install package from https://premium.wpmudev.org/api/dashboard/v1/install/912164/d85f8a4b27b49d018b1af4770ea1c61795071581…

Unpacking the package…

Installing the plugin…

Destination folder already exists. /home/ab41526/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wp-smush-pro/

Plugin install failed.

Return to WPMU DEV Plugins

Any advice? I have activated support on the DEV dashboard (what a great feature!)

Thanks,

Maureen

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Maureen,

I hope you're well today and welcome to the WPMU DEV family!

The error you're getting suggest that there may be an instance of WP Smush plugin already installed but not fully. This may be a result (most likely) of one of the following:

- you already tried to install WP Smush Pro and something went wrong during process
    - you were previously using (or still are) WP Smush which is a free (limited) version of WP Smush Pro available from WordPress plugin repository.

Having said that, I accessed your site using support access that you granted and I can see that WP Smush Pro is actually installed, up and running there! It's difficult to say then why this error came up but if I was about to give it a "blind guess" I'd say that this was a "one time glitch" that caused a "false alarm".

I noticed that you already installed some other of our plugins and as the WP Smush Pro is also active I think it's all fine now. Please however pay attention to messages during plugin/themes installation and in case this happened again, let me know here as soon as you notice it.

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.