Someone can help me? Pluging trouble activating the Pop Up!

URGENT!
I paid the membership to only install the plugins Pop Up! but now it appears that when I activate me a series of errors in both the front-page as the admin. Moreover, when I try to disconnect from my WP amin aparace me a huge list of errors.

These are some of the faults:

1 -. Affects the text (in Spanish accents, the € symbol and other characters)

. 2 - Any function that calls, I appear more error codes

A chaos!
Please can you help me?

PS:
- I have Wordpress Version 3.9.1

- I use WPLM topic for a Spanish translation

• Michael Bissett

Hey @Adolfo, sorry to hear that you've run into trouble, but hope you're doing well otherwise.

First off, to try to narrow down the cause of this, have you tried disabling the other plugins first, and seeing if that makes a difference? And if that doesn't do anything, could you try switching to the Twenty Fourteen theme temporarily, and seeing if that makes a difference?

(we're trying to see if there's a conflict with something else first, and if so, with what exactly)

On this:

Moreover, when I try to disconnect from my WP amin aparace me a huge list of errors.

Do you mean to say that you get a bunch of errors when you log out of your WordPress Dashboard? If so, could you post the errors you're getting here?

On this:

These are some of the faults:

1. - Affects the text (in Spanish accents, the € symbol and other characters)

2. - Any function that calls, I appear more error codes

Could you clarify point #2 for me please, as well as mention the other errors that take place when you activate Pop Up?

Please advise,
    Michael

• Adolfo

Michael, thanks for responer.

1.- When I try to disconnect as admin in WP, if I have the plugins enabled Pop Ups me the list of codes that you sent appears on the image

2,. The plugin has caused an unexpected output during activation 235 characters. If you see message "headers already sent", problems with syndication feeds or other issues, try deactivating and removing the plugin.

3.- The business case "1 -." Is with all text on the frontpage. The website is in Spanish and when the plugins Pop Up! is activated, it affects all characters, accents spelling used in Spanish and some symbols like the euro currency €.

4.- I tried deactivating other plugins to see the conflict, but the problem continues

5.- Before having the membership had installed the plugins in the "light" version and worked perfectly. Then have to pay for the Pro version, I appeared in My Dashboard that was outdated plugins, we update the plugins, and then came the problems.

You uninstall the plugins, I tried reinstalling from wpmudev gave me an error and installation. I downloaded and installed manually by FTP

The web site is: http://www.hotelciudaddeparla.es

• Ash

Hi @Adolfo

I hope you are well today.

All of the warning comes only for the first line of the error list, Strict Standard. The plugin is designed in such a way so that it can work with older version of php as well. As you are using latest version so you are seeing a standard notice, it's not an error.

First, please disable debug mode if it is enabled. Enabling debug mode in a live site is not recommended at all.

Next, please add this code in your functions.php file:

if (WP_DEBUG && WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY)
    {
       ini_set('error_reporting', E_ALL & ~E_STRICT & ~E_DEPRECATED);
    }

If it doesn't solve your problem, you need to edit your php.ini file in the server and change
    error_reporting = E_ALL
    to
    error_reporting = E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE & ~E_STRICT
    If you don't have access to php.ini file, you can ask your host to do it.

About the special character, please add the following line in your wp-config.php file:

define('DB_CHARSET', 'utf8');
    define('DB_COLLATE', 'utf8_general_ci');

Let me know if it works for you.

Hope it helps :slight_smile: Please feel free to ask more question if you have.

Cheers
    Ash

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.