SOmetimes my client (whose site this is) gives 100% off

Hello! SOmetimes my client (whose site this is) gives 100% off coupon codes to people. Problem is, when they apply the coupon, it doesn't take them to paypal (because duh, they don't owe anything) so that extra added little step of them actually getting added to a subscription level, which usually happens after they pay, never happens, and they complain to my client, who then has to go and manually add them to a level. Is there any way possible to automate this so that if their coupon is for 100% off, they will go ahead and be added to the subscription even if they don't go to Paypal?

• Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

hiya

i can see the dilemma.

I can't seem to replicate this.

how have you set up the subscriptions?

on my test site, i created a free plan & a premium plan

then when i goto /register is see both plans listed, i click on the premium plan.

i fill out my details & click signup.

i then entered my 100% coupon code. hit update.

i am then presented with 2 sign up buttons (paypal express & paypal single payments)

with 100 % discount applied. so i hit subscribe. i get confirmation page.

in my dashboard > membership > all members

i see my new account active & subscribed.

does this not happen for you?

could you provide me with a coupon code to test with on your site.

thanks.

• Barry
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi, if you want to test the beta version it's here https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/all-attached-below-is-the-beta-of-version-345

It has some changes / updates to the coupons functionality. However, the sign up of a user for a free subscription (even if the subscription is free because a coupon is applied) should work with the current version.

Can you let us know what you have set for options? A screenshot of your membership pages options tab would be handy initially so we can check / see if we can duplicate your settings. Also, what gateways do you have active?

• jenny_medford
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

I have not tried the beta because I was waiting to hear back from you on the screenshot I sent before I went to the trouble of swapping out to the new version - worried about problems that could arise form moving to a beta version. New screenshot requested is attached.

• jenny_medford

I just updated to the Beta version, and now it is worse. Now when they click Apply Coupon, it just takes them right back to where they started - to choose a plan and register, which they have already done.

I really really need help with this - my client is displeased to say the least. I am happy to provide admin login credentials so you can look at the back end.

• Barry
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

I reverted back to the last non-beta version of the plugin because with the beta, when she went to look at All Members - there was only one page of members and no navigation to get to the rest of them.

Sounds like you may still have some files from the beta in there - that's an issue with one of the beta versions at the moment.

Can you make sure you delete all the files for the plugin and then re-install?

• jenny_medford

I did delete all of the files before I uploaded the beta version. It was with the beta version that I had the issue with not being able to get to all of the members. I then deleted all of the files from the beta version and went back to the non-beta version, and now the members are all available.

I still have the original issue with the coupon codes - where if the code is for 100% off, the member is not activated. The beta version that I was told to update to did not fix it and in fact made the issue worse, and cause the additional problem with the members. So I went back to my old non-beta version. Still need help with the coupon code issue PLEASE.

• Barry
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

It's a pity we didn't get to help debug the issue with the beta version (or get you to enable the debug mode that comes with the beta version it to see if we could work out the original issue). It sounds like a different issue to the original one (redirecting). I can't seem to duplicate the issue you are having with either version on my systems.

I think we may need to log in and take a look if that sounds ok?

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hello Jenny,

Thanks for posting the new thread to bring it to our notice. Sorry for the delay here as it might have been dropped off my colleague @Vaughan 's feed.

I am going to look into this issue now and will do what it needs to be done to get things sorted out.

Please allow me a couple of hours to collect all the info and see what is going on here.

Cheers
    PC
    Sales &Support

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hello Jenny,

Thanks for standing by.

While I would not say I have resolved the issue, but I have found a work around for now.

I updated the membership plugin to the latest RC release and found that the 100% coupon is still not working. Perhaps it got lost in transition from previous release to the RC. I have reported that to the developer.

For now you can use the below workaround.

For example your costliest membership is $200 then create a discount coupon of $201 and that should work for giving a 100% discount on any of the membership plans.

I have tested and confirmed that its working (on your site)

I will keep a track of the progress as I have reported this to the developer and will keep you posted. But atleast your client can continue getting subscriptions :slight_smile:

Cheers
    PC
    Sales &Support

• jenny_medford

Hey, this brought back the issue that caused me to not use the beta the last time I tried it - on the All Members page, it only shows one page of members, with no navigation to get to the rest. If I don't have that navigation, then I HAVE to go back to the old version - my client has to be able to navigate through the members.

• jenny_medford

AND it also reintroduced the issue I had when I tried upgrading where if I apply a coupon code, it just takes you back to the select a subscription page! It is a loop that doesn't end. This is why I reverted back from the beta version when I tried it - it made everything worse. I will leave this as is for today, and if it isn't fixed I will have to revert again, because this is a worse situation than I started in.

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Thanks for posting back Jenny.

I can confirm both the issues. The loop does end on the second attempt (I tested it) however it needs to be fixed too.

I have already sent a note to @Marko and he should be here soon.

In the meantime, I doubt that the loop might be caused due to a plugin conflict too. Can you please check for a plugin conflict using the attached screenshot

I just need one simple test. Disable all plugins but membership plugin, switch to default theme and signup for a test account and see if the loop is still there.

Cheers, PC

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hello Jenny,

Thanks for standing by.

I have tested it with the latest RC2 and the issue is still there.

Our lead developer is still looking into this and we should have some direction on this one soon.

Sorry to have kept you waiting here. I am just going to followup with the developers again.

Cheers
    PC
    Sales &Support

• Marko Miljus
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Hello Jenny,

Thank you for your huge patience on this one and sorry for extreme delay.

I am attaching here a zip with two files (coupon.form.php and payment.form.php).
    Please put them in the directory which is located here: plugins\membership\membershipincludes\includes\

IMPORTANT: Please backup files with the same name prior to this action.

Let me know does it work for you now.

Cheers,
    Marko

• jenny_medford

Yes! That seems to have fixed the coupon issue. THANK YOU! However the navigation in the All Members area is still missing (the little numbers and arrows that allow one to see subsequent and previous pages of members - my clients actually uses this quite a bit) .

• jenny_medford

Ok, did that, coupon is still working and now page numbering is back!

SO when there is a new automatic upgrade, will those both still be fixed (coupon and page numbers)? I want to be careful that I don't upgrade it and tiptoe back into old issues.

• jenny_medford

I SPOKE TOO SOON - now there are new problems.

Coupons for free membership work great.

Coupons for $$ off of a membership, now broken.

After entering coupon code, such as VEGANCUTS which gives $50 off of the Wellness Reboot a la Carte - they get to a blank Register page. Just has the page title Register, no content. They are not added to a membership. I tested a few codes and got the same effect.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.