Sometimes the activation link does not work :(

I'm getting a lot of complaints from users stating that the activation link does not work.

Users are getting the activation link,
but when they click on the activation link,
they get a blank error page.

I also seem to get the same error when not using "gmail"
I tested it with "naver mail" and got an error

My site is using:
Latest Wordpress (MU enabled)
ReCaptcha
Wpmu Pro Sites
Cloudflare

How do I make the activation process more stable?

Regards

• Rupok

Hi Min H. Park

Hope you had a wonderful day.

I'm getting a lot of complaints from users stating that the activation link does not work

Can you please add more details like which activation link? User account creation activation link? Pro Site activation link? Can you please share the URL of your site so I can try to reproduce the issue on your site and investigate further? I could tell you better about the issue if I could see it live, check your current configuration and make some tests on your site. Would you mind allowing Support Access so we can have a closer look at this?

To enable support access you can follow this guide here:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Have a nice day. Cheers!

• Minh Park

Q: Can you please add more details like which activation link? User account creation activation link? Pro Site activation link?
    A: The user account creation link is having the problem. I have the normal Wordpress registration enabled. Not the Pro Site registration

Q: Can you please share the URL of your site so I can try to reproduce the issue on your site and investigate further?
    A: http://krown.io

Q: I could tell you better about the issue if I could see it live, check your current configuration and make some tests on your site. Would you mind allowing Support Access so we can have a closer look at this?
    A: I activated the Support Access

• Nithin

Hey Min H. Park,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

I just checked your website, and did try to create a new site directly, still it is showing DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN. Tested with Chrome and Firefox, so it looks more like a DNS issue with your host.

Would recommend you to check with your host. Are you using a wild card DNS setup in cPanel, if not, please check this link.

I hope this helps, if you still have any problem, please let us know. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

• Nithin

Hi Min H. Park,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

Can you check whether your A record created is pointed to your server IP as shown here

The NameCheap Support Staff Said:
    "Regarding the error "DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN", it seems there is an issue with DNS resolvers on your ISP side. Please try to use OpneDNS

I think they must have considered it as a network issue and recommended you to configure OpenDNS. Normally DNS services are automatically configured by your ISP. Using OpenDNS instead of ISP's DNS should solve, if it's a network issue. I don't think that's the case here. Of course, you could give a try and see whether that helps.

If you still have issues, I would recommend you to ask your domain registrar for support, it could be a problem with your DNS settings of your domain.

I hope this helps. Have a nice day. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.