Sometimes the menu disappears before you can move the cursor to select a menu item

Sometimes the menu disappears before you can move the cursor to select a menu item....

Menu expands into sub menu items fine, but move the mouse to select a sub-menu item and it disappears while the cursor is in between the top level menu text and the sub menu items.
Seems to happen more in Chrome, Firefox it works better, but still has this effect at times.

Something with the layer settings in the theme... or?

We really need this fixed, I've mentioned it here before a couple times a while back. It has slowed us down a fair bit coming back to check, hoping for solutions here. Thanks!

• Michael Bissett

Hey @xInd, thanks for enabling the Support Access! :slight_smile:

I've gone ahead and applied the patch for you, I've added in this CSS code inside of:

Theme Settings -> add custom css rules

/* Temporary Menu Patch - To remove on update to Upfront - added by Michael Bissett of WPMU DEV */

#page .unewnavigation-top-nav-style {
        padding: 0 15px 0 15px;
    }

And inside of the styling code for the menu itself, I've inserted this CSS code:

/* Temporary Menu Patch - To remove on update to Upfront - added by Michael Bissett of WPMU DEV */

ul#menu-top-nav-menu > li > a {
        margin-top: 15px;
        padding-bottom: 21px;
    }
    ul#menu-top-nav-menu > li > a:after {
        top: 45%;
    }
    ul.sub-menu {
        margin-top: 0;
    }
    ul.sub-menu:before {
        display: none;
    }

Could you confirm that it's working as it should on your end please? :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Michael

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.