Sorry, you are not allowed to access this page.

M2PRO changes permission to install from scratch. Please help to get it installed properly.

What we did:
1) Installed WP from scratch _> wp-config has define( 'MS_PROTECT_NETWORK', true );
2) Using Theme 2017
3) NO other plugin is activated (except WP Dashboard)

Just installed M2PRO. It is impossible to setup M2PRO

Support access is granted.
Thank you

• Ken Kimbrell

Hello Brandon, I am sorry to hear that you are having problems with our Membership 2 Pro plugin. Happy to help. I see you mentioned that you enabled support, but I am not seeing that on my end. Could you please grant us temporary support access to your website so we can have a better look of your setup and settings? You can grant us access via WPMUDEV Dashboard plugin, there's no need to share credentials. Here's our detailed documentation page about it:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/docs/getting-started/getting-support/#chapter-4

Take Care,

Ken - WPMU DEV Support

• Ken Kimbrell

Hello Brandon, due to the 403 error I am seeing, I will need to gain additional login credentials to further assess the problem. You can provide that information in the private form below:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question
    Please visit our private Contact page and complete the form with the following information:

Subject: "Attn: Ken Kimbrell"

In the Message box, please provide the following:

- link back to this thread for reference
    - any other relevant urls

- Admin login:
    Admin username
    Admin password
    Login url

- Hosting Control Panel Login
    Admin username
    Admin password
    Login url

- FTP credentials
    host
    username
    password
    (and port if required)
    ------

Take Care,

Ken - WPMU DEV Support

• Ken Kimbrell

Hello Brandon, the level of access you gave me to the cpanel. Does not allow me to access the file manager.

If you could please provide me with your current debug log. So I can look into this further, I would greatly appreciate it. In the wordpress codex, there is a Debugging Documentation that goes through how you can accomplish this. If it is not already enabled, I would need for you to go into your root directory where your core wordpress installation resides and find the wp-config.php file. Then open that up in your code editor of choice and you will want to set your WP_DEBUG to true if you have it. If not then you will need to add these three additional codes to your wp-config.php file.

define( 'WP_DEBUG', true );
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );
    If you are working on a live site, setting the WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY to false will keep it from showing any php errors on the front end. See image below:

After you attempt going to Membership 2 > Protection Rules and you get the error, then please go back into your root directory and find wp-content > debug.log and send us an attachment of that debug log for us to look into.

Take Care,

Ken - WPMU DEV Support

• Brandon

Hi Ken,

it seems you don't find the time to support. How about to pass on our request to one of your colleagues? PLEASE provide a solution how to fix the problem immediately. This is a real CRITICAL business issue now.

Many days passed by without hearing from you anything BUT the problem still exists. More over, that last m2PRO update also broke our existing membership installation at the other domains we.

Logfile are identical to the one we already forwarded to you!

Thanks for understanding.
    Brandon

• Mahlamusa

Hello Brondon.

I am sorry for the delay on our end.

We hope we can resolve this soon but I just noticed that the support access has expired, the dashboard credentials you have given do not give us access to file manager as my colleague Ken mentioned above, and I have tried the FTP credentials several times and I always get a "Timeout after 30 seconds" regardless of which port or ftp mode I use.

Would you please kindly grant staff access again, revise the user account you created for us to give us access to File Manager and double check the FTP account and settings. Let us know once you have done that by posting a reply here.

I hope you understand that we cannot do much until we have the right permissions and access on your site.

I hope you enjoy the rest of your day.

Cheers,
    Mahlamusa

• Mahlamusa

Hello Brandon,

I am sorry for the late reply. I have accessed the website using the support access but the FTP and the Hosting Panel are still the same. FTP always times out, hosting panel does not have a File Manager (or at least I don't know where it is). Would you please grant access to File Manager or show a screenshot of how to find it on the Hosting Panel.

With regards to the Membership 2 plugin, I can access the settings and all admin pages of this plugin from the network admin "Network Admin > Membership 2" and all seems fine.

The only issue I found is that the switches to turn on protection on pages are not changing when you click on them. This is a known issue and we are already working on this. Once we have a fix for it I or one of my colleagues will update on this thread with instructions on how to apply the fix.

We really appreciate your patience as we try to fix this bug, unfortunately I cannot give a precise ETA but will be fixed as soon as possible. I hope you understand.

Please enjoy the rest of your day.

Cheers,
    Mahlamusa

• Mahlamusa

Hi Brandon.

I hope you are doing great today.

Unfortunately, I still can't login to FTP. It seems to me that the username and password are correct but the user does not have permission to the folder/directory assigned. Please verify that the user has access to the folder. I have tried all sort of FTP modes in Filezilla but never logged in successfully.

Using FTP I FileZilla times out after trying to retrieve directory listing.

Error:	The data connection could not be established: ETIMEDOUT - Connection attempt timed out
    Error:	Directory listing aborted by user

Using SFTP I get

Error:	Received unexpected end-of-file from SFTP server
    Error:	Could not connect to server

Thinking maybe I was doing something wrong, I tried several other websites using the same FileZilla settings, I get connected within 5 seconds. Which takes me back to saying there is either a problem on your server or the user does not have permission to view that folder.

Please see the screencast just have see what I am talking about. https://www.screencast.com/t/KNZjr58AIfMQ

If FTP is a problem, we can alternatively access the files using your hosting control panel, but it seems the account we have is limited to only listing domains, emails and database. That will not be enough for what we want to do.

We are hoping to see an icon like this

and of course with the ability to click on that icon to view and edit some files.

We do understand that it is very frustrating to have a website not work as it should and we are doing our best to solve this but unfortunately, we can't do it if you don't give us access.

I urge you to raise the privileges of the Hosting account you have given to us and also troubleshoot and test the FTP account you have created for us. If you have changed the credentials, please send the updated credentials through our secure contact form and make the subject to be "Attn: Lindeni Mahlalela"

I hope you have a wonderful day forward.

Cheers,
    Mahlamusa

• Brandon

Hello Mahlamusa,

thanks for getting back. Sorry, I missed out to tell you, that we are hosting on LINUX (nginx), PLESK ONYX which really differs from cPanel ... so I believe, that's the reason why you could not login.

I can assure you, the guys from our provider 1&1 (the installed the FTP access for you), the PLESK Team tested the access and even we asked our Firewall provider SUCURI for a test of your specific FTP access incl. passing the firewall restricting. None of them and me neither did experience any access problems.

However, meanwhile access is revoked entirely due to the circumstance that the m2pro problem is a known one and will any time in the future (hopefully not very far from today) solved. Accessing our customers site and server would only waste your time as you already mentioned you can't do any fix on it.

Nevertheless, your guide above is great. Will keep it in case I may need to request another support.

Wish you all the best.
    Brandon

• Mahlamusa

Hello Brandon,

I am sorry we couldn't help you.

...missed out to tell you, that we are hosting on LINUX (nginx), PLESK ONYX which really differs from cPanel ... so I believe, that's the reason why you could not login

I assure you that Plesk control panel does have a File Manager, there is even documentation on how to use the File Manager on the Plesk Control Panel

Please also keep that in mind next time you request support.

Thank you so much for trusting us.

Cheers,
    Mahlamusa