Sorry, you are not allowed to access this page.

Unable to access many plugins admin settings. If I try going to WPMUDEv > settings for example, I receive an error saying “Sorry, you are not allowed to access this page”

This seems to have happened on several of my sites.

• Alessandro
    • Staff

Hello Li Mei Tsien, thanks for using our plugins.

After taking a closer look to your setup I found out that you are using plugins for editing users’ permissions and capabilities.

In such a case, WPMU DEV Dashboard, requires the following permissions:

– Manage Options (manage_options)

To access WPMU DEV Dashboard including, Support, Tools and Settings pages.

– Install Plugins (install_plugins)

To access page Plugins under WPMU DEV Dashboard.

If you deny, install_plugins, you can still access dashboard, but if you deny manage_options, then WPMU DEV Dashboard disappears and direct access returns the following error:

“Sorry, you are not allowed to access this page.”

You are using “Capability Manager Enhanced” and users without the above capabilities, do not have access to the WPMU DEV Dashboard. You can control capabilities via “Users > Capabilities”. Ensure that you grant the right capabilities to the user roles you are interested to have access to our plugins.

Try this workaround, and let us know further.

Hope this helps!

King regards,

Alex.

• Mohmmad Sharab
    • Staff

Hi Li Mei Tsien ,

Hope you well and in a good spirit!
    As per our chat, I’ve updated our SLS team that you can’t edit user capabilities in “Capability Manager Enhanced” plugin as you are getting the same message “Sorry, you are not allowed to access this page” when you try to load any user role to edit https://monosnap.com/file/rgz2RFp6gpMRYr5oPKQtlGzDVxkcin

We will update you as soon as any update comes up.

Best Regards,
    Mohammad Sharab

• Alessandro
    • Staff

Hello Li Mei Tsien.

After further investigation, I would recommend you to re-activate (deactivate then activate), the WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin. I simulated a reactivation on your website and it worked smooth.

Let us know if this worked for you.

Kind regards,
    Alex.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.