Sorry, you are not allowed to access this page. after using Defender

Hello! :slight_smile: I have a problem with this site "http://www.totaladventure.no/".
After using Hummingbird and Defender, i the site has locked me out from wp-admin and when i try to log in it just gives me this message: " Sorry, you are not allowed to access this page.".
It might be after i enabled caching on Hummingbird, but sadly i do not remember.
I have tried deleting the plugins from the server but that did not do the trick.
Any tips? Kind off getting insane from this xD

• danielc

Find your .htaccess file. Back it up (always back up files before editing).

Open the file and remove all the lines between the following so they look like this:

# BEGIN WP-HUMMINGBIRD-CACHING
    # END WP-HUMMINGBIRD-CACHING

and

## WP Defender - Prevent information disclosure
    ## WP Defender - End ##

That should remove any issues with accessing files that the plugins could have introduced. Save the .htaccess file and then see if you are able to login.

This will hopefully get you in straight away. Let us know if you are still having problems.

:smiley:

• Predrag Dubajic

Hey Mats,

Sorry to hear you've gotten locked out :slight_frown:

Hummingbird caching shouldn't cause this is any way and if you get locked by Defender you should see a different message so I must say I'm not sure what's causing this on your end.

Could you provide us with WP admin and FTP (or cPanel) access so we can investigate this further and try getting your access back asap?

You can send us your details using our contact form https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question and the template below:

Subject: "Attn: Predrag Dubajic"
    - Site login url
    - WordPress admin username
    - WordPress admin password
    - FTP credentials (host/username/password)
    - cPanel credentials (host/username/password)
    - Link back to this thread for reference
    - Any other relevant urls

P.S. Since this started happening to you after using our products I've moved your thread to our support forums, Members forum where you started this is more of a general discussion section and doesn't guarantee support staff response.

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.