Sorry, your signup request has failed. Try again.

When users sign up for a membership on my multisite they get this message after register:
Sorry, your signup request has failed. Try again.
I use this shortcode on page:
[ms-membership-register-user membership_id="6307"]
[ms-membership-logout]

This is Default Membership

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello ido

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

This should actually fail because user cannot sign up for a "default" membership. The "default" membership is a special type of membership and it automatically covers all registered users that are not members of any other memberships.

There are three types of the membership in Membership 2 Pro plugin:

1) Guest - this is all the visitors, meaning not registered users and registered users who are currently logged out of the site

2) Default - this is all registered users but not "members", meaning every user that's got an account on your site and is currently logged in but is not a member of any "standard" membership

For these two membership types above you cannot sign up because if they exist on site (you - as admin - created them) they are automatically applied to users whenever necessary

3) Standard - this mean all other memberships that you create and for which users can signup.

There's no point in signing up for the "Default" membership so if you want users to signup for any, create a "Standard" type membership and use it with your shortcode. The "Default" type of membership is mostly for you to be able to a) "do something" for users that were already registered on the site before the memberships were even introduced b) to handle users that were members of other "standard" memberships but their memberships expired so they are no longer members/or who cancelled memberships c) to handle user that you might add manually via back-end without assigning any membership to them.

If you have any additional questions on this, let me know please.

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.