Sort Listings by Zip Code?

I am looking to create a directory type site specialized for just one industry. Basically I want to create a one stop place for people to go to find a resource in this one industry and then charge companies to have a listing in this directory. Is it possible to use this directory plugin to achieve this so someone coming to my site can simply search with their zip code to find all the companies in their area in this one industry?

Thanks!

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya Steveo,

As the directory plugin just uses custom post types there’s nothing specific in it to sort information by Zip Codes. However, you have a couple options available. You could provide instructions for all businesses to add their zip code as a ‘Listing Tag’ to their post.

You could even use a separate plugin to change the words ‘Listing Tag’ to Zip Code so that it becomes more intuitive for them. We have a free plugin that will help you do this:

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/network-text-change/

Let us know if that works for you. Thanks!

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

Hey there! :slight_smile:

Just checking in to see how things are going with this one and if you need any further help. :slight_smile:

We haven’t heard from you on this thread for a while, perhaps you got help over email. I’m going to presume your all fixed up now and don’t need any further assistance.

However if you have more questions or need some more help then please feel free to respond in this thread or create a new one and we will be more than happy to offer assistance. :slight_smile:

Take care.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.