Space Plugin Has Stopped Working On One Page (Directory)

On my website at https://resources.christiangays.com the spacer plugin has stopped working. It is working on all other pages, as far as I know. I have deactivated and reactivated but it didn't help. I have contacted the plugin support forum for the plugin, but there has not been any activity for over a year, so I am not expecting to hear from them.

What I'm wondering is if there is a way to code a space (height) of a certain number of pixels without using the plugin.

Example, first category item (Directory) needs 8 px. The second needs 10 and the third one needs 30.

Would appreciate any help. Support Access is extended, as I continue to wait for a response to my other ticket from a few days ago.

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Mary,

I must say that I'm not familiar with Spacer plugin and what exactly should it be doing so I don't quite understand where these heights need to be applied?

Could you provide me with some screenshots of where this spacing should be applied and send me one page where this is working so I can better understand what needs to be done and perhaps we can get you some CSS to take care of that?

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Mary

The spacer plugin is simply called "Spacer". It appears in Visual Editor as several lines. See screenshot.

On the front end it should just put in the number of pixels of blank space, in this case to push the image down, however instead of showing black space, it shows the text. See screenshot.

Because the site is live, I have removed all the spacers until I can get this resolved, with the exception of GLBT Seniors Resources (Gay & Gray), so you can see it with the problem.

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Mary,

Hmm, it looks like the shortcode is not getting rendered there at all, so this could mean that there's some issue with the plugin itself or something on that page that prevents shortcodes from rendering properly.

You can check if this is the case by creating your own custom shortcode for spacing, adding this to child theme functions.php should do the trick:

function custom_space_shortcode( $atts ) {
    	$atts = shortcode_atts(
    		array(
    			'height' => '0',
    		),
    		$atts
    	);
    	$space_element = '<div class="my-custom-space" style="height:'.$atts[ 'height' ].'px"></div>';
    	return $space_element;
    }
    add_shortcode( 'custom_space', 'custom_space_shortcode' );

Now you can try using [custom_space height="20"] shortcode and see if that works.

If not you can still go with CSS as each image has unique class so for that specific image you can use this code:

#dr_list_categories .term-list .wp-image-28572 {
        margin-top: 20px;
    }

Let us know how it goes.

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.