Space to allow for toolbar

In the Footer I would like to add a line space to allow for enough padding to place a tool a tool bar. What code would I add to do this please?
Thanks

• ntmny4me
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Thanks Phill,
    Not really sure where to begin with this. So does this mean I need to edit the style sheet? Or can I add this code to the footer only? I have tried to add a
    thinking that may be a simple solution however no joy. What would this look like in the footer please?
    Thanks
    Nate

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi Nate,

I'll see how I might be able to help here. I think we may be a bit unclear what you're trying to achieve.

If you're looking to add something to the footer area of the theme, you can do so by editing the theme's footer.php file.

Is that perhaps what you're looking to do?

Thanks,
    David

• ntmny4me
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Thanks David,
    Actually I am using a wybia toolbar. However the tool bar covers the owner/copyright info at the bottom of the theme so I would just like to add an empty line to push that info up so that it is not covered by the wybia bar. Sorry I was unclear about this. :slight_smile:
    Nathan

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Thanks for clarifying that Nathan. You can take a look in the theme's footer.php file, which you can even access directly from your back-end at Appearance > Editor.

You may also be able to achieve that using only css adjustments much like Phil mentioned.

• ntmny4me
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

I would like to do it in the footer.php if i can. Could you suggest a quick code for this please. I just need to add another line. As it will be covered up by the wybia bar it really does not matter what i put there.
    Thanks
    Nathan

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi Nathan,

You can easily add a br tag to add a line or even multiple lines by using multiple br tags in footer.php as follows.
    <br/><br/>

Though from what you mentioned earlier it's not that you need to add lines but remove whitespace.

A link to the site to where we could see the issue would definitely help here.

Cheers,
    David

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.