Special Instructions Field

Hi,
I activate the "Special Instructions Field" but when I complete my order and receive the email, the text that I write in the Special Instructions Field don't appear.
Why?
I need to add some code?
Thank you in advance.

• digitsoft
    • The Crimson Coder

It's not built in, but here's how.
    1. Edit lines 3809 and 3810 of /plugins/marketpress/marketpress.php to look like this:

$search = array('CUSTOMERNAME', 'ORDERID', 'ORDERINFO', 'SHIPPINGINFO', 'PAYMENTINFO', 'TOTAL', 'TRACKINGURL', 'ORDERNOTES', 'SPECIALINSTRUCTIONS');
        $replace = array($order->mp_shipping_info['name'], $order->post_title, $order_info, $shipping_info, $payment_info, $order_total, $tracking_url, $order_notes, $order->mp_shipping_info['special_instructions']);

2. Edit Store Settings/Messages/New Order and use the new tag SPECIALINSTRUCTIONS where you want the text - like this:

Your Special Instructions: SPECIALINSTRUCTIONS

Now the text will appear...

I marked it as resolved, but feel free to re-open it if needed.

Enjoy!

Rob

• imagenow
    • Flash Drive

Hi Rob,
    thank you for your help, but the code don't work in my site.
    I replace the code in the correct file and add the txt on the New Order Message, but nothing appears.
    I update marketpress and also WP at last version:
    Marketpress v. 2.5.9
    WP v. 3.3.2

• digitsoft
    • The Crimson Coder

Not sure...I've tested it several time with MP 2.5.9 and it works fine.

I attached 2 pics - 1 of my custom order message and 1 of the email received.

Here's the whole section of code just for clarification:

//setup filters
        $search = array('CUSTOMERNAME', 'ORDERID', 'ORDERINFO', 'SHIPPINGINFO', 'PAYMENTINFO', 'TOTAL', 'TRACKINGURL', 'ORDERNOTES', 'SPECIALINSTRUCTIONS');
        $replace = array($order->mp_shipping_info['name'], $order->post_title, $order_info, $shipping_info, $payment_info, $order_total, $tracking_url, $order_notes, $order->mp_shipping_info['special_instructions']);

//replace
        $text = str_replace($search, $replace, $text);

return $text;
      }

• imagenow
    • Flash Drive

I'm sorry, I find the error: I only add the SPECIALINSTRUCTIONS shortcode in the messages settings, but I have the Manual Payment active and I add the short code also in the Order Confirmation of this type of payment.
    Now I see the Special Instructions field into the email of the customer, but I don't see it in the admin email.
    Where I need to add the short code "SPECIALINSTRUCTIONS" for the admin email?
    Thank you in advance for your help.
    Greetings

• imagenow
    • Flash Drive

Find it!!!
    On Marketpress I translate the email admin language, I add the SPECIALINSTRUCTIONS short code in the translation. Now I see the SPECIALINSTRUCTIONS both in the email admin and customer.
    This is the code into my mp-default.po:

A new order (ORDERID) was created in your store:\r\n
    \r\n
    Order Information:\r\n
    ORDERINFO\r\n
    \r\n
    Shipping Information:\r\n
    SHIPPINGINFO\r\n
    \r\n
    Special Instructions:\r\n
    SPECIALINSTRUCTIONS\r\n
    \r\n
    Email: %s\r\n
    \r\n
    Payment Information:\r\n
    PAYMENTINFO\r\n
    \r\n
    You can manage this order here: %s

I mark the topic as Resolved!
    Thank you again for your support.
    Have a nice day.
    Greetings

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.