Specific Buddypress Instructions

Hi

I’d like to use this plugin on my social network http://www.extrafriends.co.uk. I can see you’ve already updated it 6 times and thanks very much for that but I am looking for are specific instructions on how it works with Buddypress.

I had previously set up version 1.0.0 through 1.0.2 but before I try again I’d like to make sure my expectations are realistic. Could you point me in the right direction please as the basic instructions aren’t that specific.

Thanks very much

James.

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi James,

BuddyPress integration exists solely in the form of profile integration at this point. Did you have something else specific in mind that you’d like for it to achieve as far as integration? Or something else specific you’d like clarified?

Thanks,

David

• jamesathomson
    • The Crimson Coder

Hi David

Profile integration is great as I can appreciate the amount of work that must be going into getting that working. But just within that there are huge amounts of options for Buddypress users, such as;

– If I post in BP will that show in my Facebook profile? And Vice Versa? Are there any special instructions, like hashtags, that I need to use to make that work?

– Will posts also include any attached media if they come from Facebook, photo, link, etc etc?

– If I setup a photo widget in the sidebar, will that work for my buddypress users photo’s (and not my own) and which of their albums will it default to?

Following profile integration, for me its how we integrate the various media types which people upload into Facebook. I don’t think anyone wants to copy entire albums across to their servers – I know I don’t – but by using libraries of images stored on FB and tagging & posting photo’s from BP to Facebook would be a very good start!

I hope that better illustrates what I mean. This is a great plugin which must have already taken alot of work to get to this stage, so thanks very much to the developer – and yourself ofcourse!

Cheers

James.

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi James,

The post to Facebook feature currently is available only for WordPress posts rather than BuddyPress posts that populate the activity stream. The posts do include the original post’s content, including images.

Regarding the widget, it displays the photos of the user setup in the settings, so currently it wouldn’t provide user photos. I believe those would all need individual apps setup by your visitors in order for something like that to work.

The plugin’s still relatively new and it’s still making great progress! Please feel free to post any of these as requests in the Feature Suggestion forum for the developers to look into.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/forum/feature-suggestions

Thanks,

David

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.