Specific Calendar Requirement

I have a BP site specific to a cancer clinic where patients return for repeat treatments throughout the year. I want to set up a calendar where all members can post when they are returning to the clinic so it is easy to see when everyone's visits coincide. Each member can pick a period of time (say 2 weeks) when they will be at the clinic with other members being able to see everyone elses entries on an overall general calendar. Is this possible with the Buddy Press Group Calendar?

• Timothy Bowers

The BuddyPress group calendar is for use within BuddyPress groups. Group owners/admins can submit to the calander. You can find a list of all features here:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/buddypress-group-calendar

I suppose a group could be... The persons group as in they could use it for their appointments, their treatment, their own diary. Then members of their group would be followers/friends.

I think the best thing for you to do is download the plugin and take it for a test drive to see how it fits your needs. It is for BuddyPress Groups as you most likely gather form the name. :slight_smile:

After you have had a play, if you have anymore questions then please let me know. :slight_smile:

So is this a personal project because your involved with cancer in someway? Or just a business one.

Its a horrible disease, unfortunately over the last 7 years I've become very familiar with it and lost loved ones to cancer...

Sorry, I'll stop babbling.

Take care.

• Mason

Hiya drewberts,

First off, welcome to WPMU DEV! :smiley:

I think the BuddyPress Group Calendar can do what you need here. After installation, go to any Group and click on the 'Admin' tab in BuddyPress (you have to be an admin or have admin rights for that group). Under this tab there is a few settings options for Group Calendar. Just make sure that all members of the groups can post events and you should be good to go.

Be sure to also look at the available widgets to display upcoming events, etc inside other areas of your theme pages if ya wish.

Let us know if you need anything further. Thanks!

• drewberts

Thanks Guys for your speedy response - got the plugin up and running and have a group working with it. 2 further questions:-

1. The calendar plugin appears in all my groups. Can I limit it to only appear in one specific group?

2. The plugin only allows me to create an event for 1 day. How do I create an event for multidays. for Example I want to specify a 2 week period on the calendar for an event. Can I do this?

Tim
    With regards the cancer issue, I am currently in Germany at a private clinic which is doing some amazing stuff. I'm here with my wife and what started as a 3 week visit has now turned into 8 weeks!The site I have set up is for patients at the clinic to share info etc. The url is http://www.keepthefaith.org.uk/cancercom

• Timothy Bowers

Hey again. :slight_smile:

1. The calendar plugin appears in all my groups. Can I limit it to only appear in one specific group?

At the moment I believe its only possible to enabled the Calendar for all groups.

2. The plugin only allows me to create an event for 1 day. How do I create an event for multidays. for Example I want to specify a 2 week period on the calendar for an event. Can I do this?

I just had a look and I believe you can't currently set an expiry date, to enable you a from and to date.

You could request that feature here:

http://wpmudev.uservoice.com/forums/148158-wpmu-dev-development-and-feature-requests

With regards the cancer issue, I am currently in Germany at a private clinic which is doing some amazing stuff. I'm here with my wife and what started as a 3 week visit has now turned into 8 weeks!The site I have set up is for patients at the clinic to share info etc. The url is http://www.keepthefaith.org.uk/cancercom

Site is looking good. What are they doing there?

In 2005 I last my father to cancer, then a year pretty much to the day my uncle (his brother), I then lost a couple of friends and shortly after my Aunty (mums sister) Her husband died in the same week but that was another condition.

Its been hard over the years, makes one question their own beliefs and purpose in life. I never heard of the clinic in Germany, my family are in the UK.

Take care.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.