Specific plugin isn't updated by Automate

I have a plugin installed called Widgetkit from yootheme.com. In order to update the plugin you have to fill in a API key to get updates. Unfortunately Automate doesn't update this plugin. Therefore I have to update the plugin on every website manually.

Is it possible to support this plugin?

Kind reagrds,
Thomas

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Thomas

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

I'm not familiar with this particular plugin but in most similar cases, the "rule" is:

if the plugin is registered/has a key set up and if after that it can be updated by WordPress (meaning - going to "Dashboard -> Updates" and updating it from the updates list there, like any other theme/plugin/WP core), it should actually be update by Automate as well.

However, if the API key is not provided (I realize that some plugins will be working without it and only require the key to provide updates), it becomes a "tricky part" as we cannot "hack/override" the API check.

That being said:

- is the API key registered with the plugin?
    - if so, if you "bulk update" your site via "Dashboard -> Updates" does that particular plugin update fine from there?

Or there's no key set up and you're updating in manually by e.g. downloading a newer version and installing it manually?

Let me know please so I would better understand the case :slight_smile:

Best regards,
    Adam