shipping detail and browser caching form data

Hi
I have my shipping details set in my admin user profile.
When I log out and log in as a different user. I checkout my cart and the shipping address that appears is my admins address. Not the second users address.
Is this because my browser is saving the info? Does marketpress retrieve the shipping address from the profile each time ssomeone checks out?

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi cstevenson,

I've just run through a test of that myself and the form was auto-filled with the logged in user's shipping information. It sounds like your browser's doing if you're seeing. You can try logging in through a different browser to verify that.

Cheers,
    David

• cstevenson
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Yes its the browser caching form data. Is there any way of getting markeetpress to force a refresh of the form data? So that users on the same computer don't get the same shipping info.
    Ie in an internet cafe it could be an issue?

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi cstevenson,

I imagine you'd have to use some specific javascript to alter the form items but I'm curious as to how your browser's automatically doing that. It would have to be specifically setup to do so, no?

If so, then couldn't you disable that option?

Cheers,
    David

• cstevenson
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

hi

It a browser on an android honycomb tablet. I guess it was a default setting.

I can disable it but the thing I am concerned about is -

buyers might be sharing computers at work, internet cafes and friends, so they may have the same problem and have to input their shipping details manually on checkout even though they have an account already. Or they might not and checkout with the wrong details.

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi cstevenson,

Sounds like a potentially useful option and I've moved this to the feedback forum and tagged the thread for the developer to have a look as time permits.

Meanwhile, we can see if anyone else is interested in seeing this option.

Any other +1s here?

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.