Spirit and Upfront themes are causing White Screen Of Death

When I activate the Spirit theme on my website, it causes the White Screen of Death. I can correct this by renaming the theme folders, however, I am unable to use the Spirit theme. Can anyone help with this?

• Rupok

Hi Samori

I hope you had a wonderful day.

Can you please do a quick plugin conflict test to check no plugin is causing the issue? Previously some other users found that this issue is caused by some plugin installed in their system. To know more about plugin conflict test, you can see here: https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/using-wpmu-dev/getting-support/

Moreover, would you mind allowing support access so we can have a closer look at this?

To enable support access you can follow this guide here:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Can you also turn on the debug mode in WordPress? To enable it, open your wp-config.php file and look for define(‘WP_DEBUG’, false);. Change it to:

define('WP_DEBUG', true);

In order to enable the error logging to a file on the server you need to add yet one more similar line:

define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );

In this case the errors will be saved to a debug.log log file inside the /wp-content/directory.

Depending on whether you want your errors to be only logged or also displayed on the screen you should also have this line there, immediately after the line mentioned above:

define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );

The wp-config.php is located in your WordPress root directory. It’s the same file where the database configuration settings are. You will have to access it by FTP or SFTP in order to edit it.

Past errors here. If file is very long, please paste them to a text file and attach with your reply.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.