Spirit, Autoblog & Feedly integration

Hello,
I'm confused about how to set up Autoblog and use it with the Spirit and the Feedly mini-widget like on the demo? I there a tutorial? I think I setup Autoblog correctly. If there is no error on the feed do I assume that it's correctly configured & active? I'm new to configuring RSS. I've read the numerous articles but something still is clicking when I want to do the following:
1. Have an RSS follow button.
2. Show feeds from other blogs as posts.
3. Does WP automatically create an RSS feed for all blog posts or do I have to get the other WP site to do something to create a feed I can use?
I'm think I'm kind of in the ball park, but still not on base.
Thanks, DrMJ

• Adam Czajczyk

Hey @DrMJ,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

The Autoblog plugin does import items from the given feeds as a posts on your site. As @coremedia says - these are the standard WP posts and will appear where all other posts (e.g. those manually created by you) appear.

As for Feedly widget. I'm not quite sure what are you referring to. Do you mean a widget from "Feedly" site? If so, these are two separate things.

Also, the RSS follow button does not have much to do with Autoblog plugin :slight_smile: WordPress do create many feeds "out-of-the-box". Here's a handy guid on where to find these feeds:

https://codex.wordpress.org/WordPress_Feeds (scroll down until the "Finding Your Feed URL" section).

Knowing this you can easily add a RSS button to your site: just add an image (RSS icon) to your page with Spirit's Upfront mode and then link it to a selected feed.

I hope that helps and if you have any further question on this, don't hesitate to ask. I'll be glad to assist!

Cheers,
    Adam

• Adam Czajczyk

Hey DrMj!

Assuming your feeds don't include featured images, you may easily setup a default image. To do this please follow the steps below.

1. Enable "Featured images"

- open your dashboard's "Auto Blog" -> "Add-ons" page
    - scroll down until you find a "Featured Image Import" module
    - activate it

2. Set "Featured image" options for a selected feed (repeat this for each feed)

- go to a "Auto Blog" -> "All feeds" -> [edit page for each fead]
    - scroll down to a "Featured Image Importing" section
    - select "Select a way to import featured image" section (you may want to select "Don't import featured image" if you're sure that none of the feed include one)
    - use "Select Default Image" button to choose a default featured image for this particular feed
    - save changes

I hope this helps!

Cheers,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.