Spirit search element locks when editing

When i select the search element and click on the edit icon, the side bar disapears and there are no options for editing. The padding editor does work. Once selected, the element can't be deslected and other elements can't be selected. I can double click on a text element and it seems editable but the element is not actually selected. The search remains the selected. I have to exit upfront and reopen to fix the issue.
Image attached to show what I mean. As always, you have access to the site if you need it.
Thanks!
Terry

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey Terry,

Which element are you using to display the search box?

There is no Upfront Search element. Are you using the widget element and selected the search widget?

Or is this something that was imported over from previous Spirit versions?

Sorry Terry, just want to make sure where the Search is coming from first so I can investigate it.

Talk to you soon.

Cheers,
    Tyler

• Terry
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

No problem Tyler.
    The search element was in the orginal Spirit theme that I started with. I just now got around to editing it and you saw what happened. As I'm writing this I went in and played around with the search widget and added it to a different page. It does the same thing. Locks everything up. So It must be that widget. I think you guys have a search plugin, if I remember correctly. Would that be a better option?
    Thanks!
    Terry

• Nastia
    • Support Rock Star

Hello @Terry, I hope you are doing well today!

I couldn't replicate this issue on my installation. I logged in to your site and there is a CSS code added somewhere that hiding the SideBar settings and the widget settings. Once the Upfront opens a widget setting, on the pop up window it needs to be closed by clicking on "OK" button. This is why you can't select other elements.

There is possibility that some plugin may cause this behavior. Would you please desable all plugins and test again. If the issue is gone, please activate one plugin at the time to find out which one is causing this conflict.

Please follow the flowchart from our manual:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/using-wpmu-dev/getting-support/

Lets us know how it went!

Cheers,
    Nastia

• Terry
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi Nastia,
    If there is some hidden CSS, I wouldn't know what or where that is since I haven't added any CSS. Any of the little bit of code added would have been done by your team to help me out, but there's very little of that. I did go throught the plu-ins process but that didn't change anything. Here's what I did that seemed to solve the matter.
    I just deleted the search widget that came with Spirit and then added a new search widget. It now works and I can see the options in the sidebar and save or cancel any changes.
    So, it looks like I'm good to go on this one.
    Thanks!
    Terry

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.