Spirit theame and attaching a PDF

I need to create a link in the website and have it Bring up a PDF. The PDF that I added to media in the spirit theame is not showing up as an option. How do I link a PDF file to open?
thanks,
matt

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hey @Mattbkelly,

Hope you're doing well today :slight_smile:

Would you mind giving us some more info on about is you want to accomplish, do you want to just link .pdf file from your media to open it in new tab or you are looking to open it in lightbox, or something else you have in mind?

Please let me know so we can further help you out with this.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi @Mattbkelly,

Lightbox is popup that opens when you click on a link that is usually used to show images, so there is no need to use this, I was just asking for reference.

I have tested the PDF file on my installation and was able to make it work without issues.
    Here is what I did:
    In admin section go to Media > Add New and upload your file, which you already did I guess.
    Now go to that file and on the right sidebar you will find file URL which you need to copy.
    Once in Upfront editor mode select the text you want to add link to, click on link icon and select URL option, now paste your PDF file url there, click ok, then Save and that should be it.

Let me know if this is working for you.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Mazin Sami,

I hope you're well today!

Did you check if the .pdf file is accessible from the web at all? To do so, please copy the link to it from your media library (as my colleague described here) and paste it to your browser's address bar. If it's not opening or downloading then either there's something blocking it (most likely some security plugin) or it's corrupted.

Let me know please how this worked for you.

Cheers,
    Adam

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hey Mazin!

I've checked the site, just in case. It seems like everything's working fine now. Some great works, btw!

I think this was most likely a cache-related issue - not necessarily on a server side even (browser's cache possible). It's good to know that it's working now!

Have a great day!
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.