Spirit Theme Font Styling Anomalies

I am encountering problems with font styling – I think only on mobile devices and possibly only Chrome/Google.

As far as I can tell the font appears as it should – black on a grey background – on various desktop browsers, including Chrome.

When editing – in responsive mode – it is also appearing correctly.

It is appearing correctly on my iPad Pro when using Safari, though not Chrome/Google.

On my Android phone it does not render correctly in Chrome/Google but it does in Mozilla and Opera.

Any thoughts/suggestions?

• Dimitris
    • Support Star

Hello there Paul

Not sure why this is happening, I’d like to have a better look at your setup and settings though.

Worst case scenario, we add some custom CSS to surpass that. :slight_smile:

Could you please grant temporary support access via WPMUDEV Dashboard plugin? No need to share any WP admin credentials, just navigate in WP admin area under WPMU DEV -> Support -> Support Access page and click on the “grant support access” button.

You can find detailed information about it here:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/docs/getting-started/getting-support/#chapter-5

Please do reply back here when access is granted because we don’t get any notifications about it.

Thank you,

Dimitris

• Dimitris
    • Support Star

Hello Paul

It seems to me that the font-weight isn’t the same in my Android device, so in order to surpass that I added the following CSS rule on the very bottom of the Edit Global CSS area in Upfront:

.mobile-breakpoint .upfront-output-object p {
    font-weight: inherit !important;
    }

Please do let me know if I’m missing something else here.

Thank you,

Dimitris

• Nastia
    • Support Rock Star

Hello Paul

I trust you're doing well!

I've checked your site with an Android device / Chrome browser and could not replicate it. The font is black from my end on all pages. Please see attached screenshot:

Would you please clear browser cache in your device and see if the issue is gone?

If the issue still persist, would you please share here screenshots taken on your device?

Please advise,

Kind regards,

Nastia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.