Spirit theme, multisite - ability to create a master template

I'm creating a set of 6 websites for my business. They will each have different, but complementary content, and will be connected by links. I'd like them to all have a very similar style/branding. It would be so convenient if I could create a master template that I could simply copy and fine-tune for each site. Additionally, it would be great if changes to the master template would automatically load to each site to save on updating time.

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey Judith,

Hope you're doing well today!

You could try our New Blog Templates plugin for this :slight_smile:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/new-blog-template/

This way you can create a new site from that and it should look exactly like the template.

You can change the template and it will change for new sites; however, it won't alter every site that was made from it. So you would still need to do some changes on each site, but this should make the site creation process overall a lot easier :slight_smile:

Once you have it installed, just setup your template subsite and then when you create a new one, just select that template from the dropdown.

Hope this helps Judith! Let us know if you have further questions on this.

All the best,
    Tyler

• Judith
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

HI Tyler.
    Thanks for this.
    I've successfully installed it and am having problems setting up the template subsite.
    I've attached a screenshot of what I've entered and the error message I get from it. What am I doing wrong? How do I fix it?

• Judith
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

I'm unclear as to how to use this plugin.
    I've got 7 subsites using spirit theme. One them is called 'template'. It is not meant to be an active site. I imagined I should put all the key elements into one subsite, in this case 'template', then I would duplicate this template 6 times giving each of the duplicates one of the names/URLs of one of the other six sites. Then I would delete the elements that are not needed on each individual site. Is this the correct process?

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.