Spirit Theme problems with Dreamhost?

I have installed the Spirit theme on a fresh install of Wordpress 4.3, and when I click to customize theme, the toolbar never loads. It just continues to say "loading" forever until I kill the page. I read in a separate response to a similar problem that it could be an issue with the web host (Dreamhost in my case). I have no problem using the theme on localhost.

• Tyler Postle

Hey Jason,

Hope you're having a good weekend! Welcome to the WPMU DEV Community

Do you have the same plugins installed on both your localhost and Dreamhost installs? If not, then try deactivating all your plugins temporarily just to ensure it's not a plugin conflict. You may want to do this anyway as the plugins could have different setting configurations.

If it's still not working can you contact dreamhost and make sure they aren't blocking this file at all:

upfront/scripts/upfront/templates/popup.html - this is the file that another host(siteground) inadvertently blocks. and unblocking it will resolve the issue

If all that doesn't work, then can you grant support access so we can take a closer look?

You can grant support access via WPMU DEV > Support > Support Access > Grant Access.

Look forward to hearing back!

Cheers,
    Tyler

• Tyler Postle

Hey Jason,

Thanks for checking that and for mentioning the js error too. Are you using the pagespeed module on your server? This is likely due to that. It's a known issue with Upfront and will definitely be fixed in the next version. For the time being you can disable the module or if you're on a shared host you may need to contact dreamhost to disable it.

Hope that helps! If that's not still not the issue then let me know.

Cheers,
    Tyler