Spirit theme with marketpress doesn't look good

Hi guys I hope you are doing great!, I installed Spirit theme in a website and I am using it with marketpress, but ot of the box everything looks very ugly...

The menu instead of appearing horizontal appears vertical, there's no logo, and the product just looks very ugly like a big blog post but with no format...(not very appealing for a shopping experience)

Do you have a manual or something on how to use Spirit or how will that work,, those themes are very good out of the box and to make some minor changes but I have found it very hard to make a good looking site using your themes with your plugins. (at least for me)

I have a Coming Soon plugin but if you need access please let me know

Thanks for your help

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

Hi there @BePresence

I hope you're having a great day!

Indeed, individual products look a little wonky out of the box in the Spirit theme.

You'll be happy to know that the design team is working on at least one Upfront theme designed specifically for MarketPress. No ETA yet on when that will be available though.

But the issues with products in Spirit can be fixed. :slight_smile:

To fix the menu, launch the Upfront editor and click the gear icon for the menu element. Then set it to horizontal (screenshot)

Then, to remove the huge image at the top, add the following CSS to the custom CSS editor:
    article.type-product img.attachment-post-thumbnail {display:none;}

Please let us know if this helps, and don't hesitate to post again if you need to.

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hi @BePresence!

Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

Our upfront team is working frantically on upfront update and new upfront marketpress theme. As stated by Patrick in his above posts we can not provide an ETA. But its going to launch soon, so stay tuned :slight_smile:

To get latest updates make sure you subscribe our Blog.

Take care and have a nice day :slight_smile:

Cheers, Sajid

• Twedros
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Just to add my 2 cents, I am using the Scribe theme with Marketpress and my store looks amazing. The work around for now is to install Marketpress Mojo (by Marketpress Themes). They have a free version and a paid version. Using the Dynamic Grid option should eliminate the clunkyness. Check out my site https://faroutfab.com to see an example. I feel like the poster child for Upfront themes and Marketpress because they do work well together after a few tweaks.

• Twedros
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

I am using the plugin "Marketpress Mojo". This plugin gives you easy control over your store's layout. They have both a free and premium version. You can get it here: http://www.marketpressthemes.com/

The plugin also gives you the sliding shopping cart, wishlist, product comparisons, even a purchase motivator. Without this plugin, the new Upfront themes don't look too good for a Marketpress store.

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hi @Andrew Mathews

Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

There is no dedicated template for products at the moment and MarketPress load the default blog template for products. It can be fixed with the little of help of CSS.

Please start your own thread and we will try to solve your issue separately and according to our forum posting rules. Its also will prevent spamming the members with notification emails that have solved their problem.

Thanks for understanding and have a nice day :slight_smile:

Cheers, Sajid

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.