Spirit Upgrade has thrown off styling of individual post's title/author/date layout

Can someone help me with reverting changes that seemed to have occurred with this morning's update of Spirit?

My individual posts are affected. I've also notice a few other changes that I need help with.

I have screenshots.

Thanks!

Catherine

Catherine Beaton

Oh, sorry, Michael. I can't upload screenshots in my first email of a new ticket.

I'll start with this because the individual post pages are the most disrupted. I've attached screenshots that show what it looks like today, and how it should look (similar to the way the blog page is displayed.)
    4 things are off:
    1. The title color is off (it also was centered rather than left-aligned earlier today, but that seems to have fixed itself).
    2. The colors and font size of both "Written by" and the author's name with link have changed.
    3. "Comments" has disappeared on the right of the author line.
    4. THere is an errant gold line that never before existed.
    5. The aqua double quotes that were part of the Spirit theme and that I used to for the blockquote have disappeared.
    6. The date has migrated from the far left to sit under the author.
    --------
    1. On the Contributors page and the home page, 3 of the 4 circles that masked photos (part of the original Spirit layout, have become ovals. The 2 at the bottom of the home page are squished into narrow elipses. [screenshots]
    2. On the Homepage, the wavy line (an image that came with the original SPirit theme) that sits under the aqua headings no longer display.
    -------
    1. On mobile view, the author's line has once again split (you had fixed this many months ago).

I think that's most everything I've noticed, Michael.Thanks much!

Catherine

Michael Bissett

Hey @Catherine Beaton,

In having a fresh look at this, this is quite a bit to go through, let's go through the individual post layout for this thread, and tackle the other aspects in separate threads.

The changes in Upfront have definitely affected things, and presently, what I've done is to apply this CSS code (inside of the global CSS settings):

.upfront-postpart-title .post_title {
        text-align: initial;
        font-weight: 600;
        color: #69a8a6;
    }

.post_author {
        color: #8c7634;
    }

.post_author a,
    .post_author a:hover {
        color: #69a8a6;
        font-weight: 300;
    }

.upfront-output-module.upfront-postpart-module.post_date.post-part.c2.ml2.mt0.part-module-date {
        margin-left: 16.111%;
        margin-top: 12px;
    }

@media only screen and (min-width: 810px) {

.upfront-postpart-wrapper.part-contents:before {
        margin: 5px 173px 0 40px;
    }

}

@media only screen and (min-width: 570px) and (max-width: 809px) {

margin: 5px 113px 0 25px;
    }

}

@media only screen and (max-width: 569px) {

margin: 5px 48px 0 0px;
    }

}

The date for the post is still below, but it is styled a bit better now. Given the way that the HTML is laid out for the page, moving it up to the left-hand side is something that'd require an adjustment to the theme code itself.

Kind Regards,
    Michael

Catherine Beaton

Michael,
    Thanks so much for your work. The page looks much better! In the next few days I'll go through your fix more carefully. It is intriguing that the date/title/author formatting on the blog page has not been affected by the update, while the individual post pages have been. I'm attaching screenshot for comparison. I'd love to get back as much as possible to the original, but VERY happy with what you've done.

Yes, your suggestion about separate threads make sense. I often don't know what connects with or affects what, so sometimes I find it safer to put the whole lump out there.

Best,

Catherine

Michael Bissett

Hey @Catherine Beaton, you're welcome, thanks for the thanks! Always nice to be appreciated.

It is intriguing that the date/title/author formatting on the blog page has not been affected by the update, while the individual post pages have been.

The way the content's structured on the blog page still allows for the layout you noted in the screenshot above, however, to get a peek at how this'd look if it were using the new styles, we can use a cool trick.

Just add on ?dev=true to the end of the URL, like this:

http://lifeforleaders.org/blog/?dev=true

You'll see how Upfront would look with just the styles provided by the base install of Spirit & Upfront (as we're presently seeing those styles, plus the styles that have been stored in the database prior to the update).

The layout for the individual blog posts has been altered enough for the change to differ, but Upfront's still applying the styles it has stored in the database before the update (as much as it can, given the layout). If you were to do the ?dev=true trick on your posts, though, like this:

http://lifeforleaders.org/what-our-calling-to-reconciliation-requires-of-us/?dev=true

You'd see how things have changed there as well.

Hope this helps explain things!

Kind Regards,
    Michael