Split Booking Times, multiple services, combined times for appointments

I am trying to set up an appointment scheduling solution for a client. It came down to Appointments+ and Birchpress - and neither are doing exactly what I need. Is there a way to modify Appointments+ to allow the following:

1. Client selects provider
2. Client selects first service (such as a haircut, 45 minutes)
3. Client selects additional service (such as eyebrow wax, 15 minutes)
4. Client selects block of time for total service (booking for both appointments back to back, 1 hour total, with single provider)

AND this scenario as well:

1. Client books a cut and color with a specific stylist
2. Service has 30 minutes of downtime in the middle (30 minutes to apply color, 30 minutes to process, and then 30 minutes to rinse, cut, style)
3. Stylist has opening for a 30 minute appointment which can be booked by another client.

Can appointments+ be set up with these modifications, and how would I do that?

Finally, it would all require the ability for a client to log in with an email and password, but never be taken to the back end of the site.

• Michael Bissett

Hey @Rachel, hope you're doing well today! :slight_smile:

To touch on each of your points here:

Is there a way to modify Appointments+ to allow the following:

1. Client selects provider
    2. Client selects first service (such as a haircut, 45 minutes)
    3. Client selects additional service (such as eyebrow wax, 15 minutes)
    4. Client selects block of time for total service (booking for both appointments back to back, 1 hour total, with single provider)

There may be, but it would seem to take a good deal of custom coding presently, as services aren't presently stacked like that.

I'd personally recommend posting a job for this on our Jobs Board, and having one of our Pros there cook up a solution for you:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/wordpress-development/

2. Service has 30 minutes of downtime in the middle (30 minutes to apply color, 30 minutes to process, and then 30 minutes to rinse, cut, style)
    3. Stylist has opening for a 30 minute appointment which can be booked by another client.

Just to make sure my understanding's correct here, you're wanting the 30 minute appointment in point #3 here to be booked in the middle of the service mentioned in point #2 (seeing as there's 30 minutes of processing time), right?

If so, then this too would look to require a good deal of custom coding as well, as appointments aren't meant to overlap other appointments (when dealing with the same service provider/stylist).

Finally, it would all require the ability for a client to log in with an email and password, but never be taken to the back end of the site.

You could keep your users from reaching the Dashboard by using a plugin like this:

https://wordpress.org/plugins/remove-dashboard-access-for-non-admins/

Let me know if I can be of further assistance here please! :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Michael

• Wayne

I too have the same question as here...

What I think the original poster is asking is simply this.... In a typical hair salon a typical customer visit of say one and a half hours will often have a 30 minute processing time for chemicals or colour in the middle of the total appointment, so, it does not make sense to have a member of staff just twiddling their thumbs during this time. They have to be released from this appointment to. say, do a gents trim during the colouring process time of the first client.

This problem stopped me dead in my tracks over a year ago when developing a business with this plugin. Is there any way this "split booking" can be automated? Or can you suggest a decent work around?

Thanks for the great work on this plugin so far.

Regards,

Wayne

• Michael Bissett

Hey @Wayne,

In a typical hair salon a typical customer visit of say one and a half hours will often have a 30 minute processing time for chemicals or colour in the middle of the total appointment, so, it does not make sense to have a member of staff just twiddling their thumbs during this time.

I agree. :slight_smile:

The thing is though, with the way that the logic works inside of Appointments+ presently, it's not so much a matter of automating the process as it is providing the logic that would allow appointments to be set up in such a manner (since we're trying program a gap in an appointment).

While it'd definitely be a neat feature request to consider (which you'd be more than welcome to open, by the way), if you're really needing this functionality quick, I'd advise posting a job for this on our Jobs Board.

Hope you're doing well today, and Merry Christmas! :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Michael

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.