Split map

Hi,

I've a map containing several points. Is there an easy whay to split this map into a map for each pointer?
Map is @ http://www.aquanauten.nl/sportduiken/duikstekken/binnenwater/

So I need an unmerge option or something.

Also I actived the "Center map on location" add-on, but it's not working. It keeps using the last entered pointer for the center at the map.
I'm using [map id="2" center="52.284962,5.56366"] in the page.

Thanks,
  • jongag1

Hi,

The plugin has the option to combine several maps into a map showing all maps.
    For example you have 10 different maps with where each map has 1 pointer. The plugin has the possibility to combine those into 1 map showing all 10 pointers.

What I ment is that I now have a map with many pointers (adresses) in it. I would like to de-combine them so I get a map for each address I have.

So I am able to use each map on a page for itselfs.

Hope you know what I mean.

Regards,
  • aecnu

Greetings jongag1,

Thanks for bringing this up, it certainly sounds like a useful customization to the plugin.

Unfortunately it is not currently available but we would love to put it into consideration for future development and see if we can help you hack it in for the moment

It might take a bit longer than useful but I'll see if I can get the lead developer in here to assist / give you some advice... in the meantime if you could post the results / problems you've come across doing it yourself here that would definitely help too.

Alternatively, you could see if there's a developer available at wpmu jobs who could get onto it right this minute, but we're aiming to get you sorted ourselves.

Thanks again and it is great to have you as a WPMU Dev member, looking forward to getting this worked out!

Cheers, Joe :slight_smile:

• aecnu

Greetings jongag1,

Just checking if this issue was eventually resolved in another thread? Or by yourself separately to us? Or by us over email with you? Or using our live support?

If so, no need to reply, that's great news.

If not, or you have any more questions related to this thread, please feel free to post them below including any new symptoms or errors and tick the 'Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (or else we'll miss it!)

Otherwise, happy days, glad you got it sorted :slight_smile:

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev member!

• aecnu

Greetings jongag1,

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev member!

So if I understand you correctly referring to your map @ http://www.aquanauten.nl/sportduiken/duikstekken/binnenwater/

It is logical that the map centers on the last point entered due to otherwise it will not know which point to center on - therefore it is my opinion that it is working correctly but not as you have expected.

Why not simply add the center point as the last in the data?

Maybe this would make a goo feature request for the plugin to address exactly which point to center on

If I am also following you correctly, you want your map which currently looks like the image below mapdoes (first map) to end up looking like the image mapshould (last map)?

• jongag1

Hi Aecnu!

You're understanding me correct :slight_smile:
    I thought the option for centering the map was already in the plugin. Because when I go to Setting > Google Maps there is a Google Map Add-on available called: Center map on location.
    Which adds a center shortcode attribute that should force the map to open centered on a comma-separated latitude/longitude pair. E.g. [map id="12" center="45.359865,20.412598"]

I entered the center latitude/longitude pair, but the plugin ignores it and is using the last entered point.

Thanks,
  • Vladislav

Hello,

The add-on should indeed act just like you described, but it appears that this doesn't happen on your page. After taking a closer look, I noticed that the "center" part isn't being passed to the map at all. I wasn't able to reproduce this behavior myself, so can we please make sure that there isn't a trivial reason behind this issue first - for an example, are there perhaps some encoded entities in the shortcode? You can check that by switching to from Visual to HTML editor and examining the shortcode. Also, if you have some sort of caching enabled, can you please try to rebuild it, or to temporarily disable caching?

• jongag1

Hi VeBailovity,

This is what I had in the page in html:
    <span style="color: #000000;"><code> <code>[map id="2" center="52.284962,5.56366"]</code></code></span>

After changing it into:
    <span style="color: #000000;"><code> [map id="2" center="52.284962,5.56366"]</code></span>

it's working great. (keeped editing this post, because it doesn't show the code it was, but I had to much code tags in it)

Thanks mate!

Do I need to post the request for the split maps somewhere so that it won't be forgotten....