Splitting the date selection and timeslot selection

Hello,

I would like more control of the placements of the date selection and timeslot select that are currently both within the [app_monthly_schedule] shortcode.

I successfully made two new shortcodes by simply duplicating [app_monthly_schedule] and remove the date from one and the timeslot from the other.

This meant I could use these to layout my page the way I need for the steps of my booking process.

This also worked well. However, since I have put in the pagination when I move to a new month I can no longer select the timeslot. It only works when I remain on the original month.

As it was working well before I think it's only a small problem and something isn't being passed along when you move to a new month.

Could you provide the two shortcodes so they work with pagination. It's mostly duplicating the existing [app_monthly_schedule] so I hope this is OK.

Regards,
Steven

• scdwb
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Hello,

Thanks in advance for any help with this. It's important that I can move the timeslots around the page to fit the layout so if this can be split into two shortcodes that would be perfect.

Please let me know.

Steven

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya @scdwb,

Two things: Firstly, have you read through Hakan's response here?
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/get_service_name-in-page-template#post-320871

Looks like you have some very advanced/custom display needs. Hakan's outlined how you can harness the power of appointments+ from within theme page templates and that's really the best solution here. Shortcodes aren't meant to be split up and put back together, etc. They're just meant to be handy items for spitting out default information.

You seem to be ready to write some code so hopefully this isn't too daunting, but if anything is unclear we'll help as best we're able.

Or if you want someone to take care of this for you for fast, reasonable customizations we recommend http://tweaky.com.

Secondly, I'd caution against "bumping" your support requests. This only moves them to the back of the queue again and increases your wait time.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you need anything further.

• scdwb
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Hi Mason,

Hakan's reply on your link is for a different support topic.

I think my proposed idea on this thread of splitting the [app_monthly_schedule] shortcode into two is a good solution and a good use of wordpress shortcodes.

At the moment the plugin uses separate shortcodes for Services, Providers, the calendar and the confirmation form. All the shortcodes apart from the [app_monthly_schedule] shortcode has one function. Where as the [app_monthly_schedule] shortcode has two, to select a date and to select a time.

I am just proposing to split these up so we have the date and time selection in separate shortcodes, than than in just one like it is currently. This means users like me can layout there booking pages with more flexibility. For example, putting the date selection in one column and the time selection in another.

If this could go on the feature request list I'm sure this flexibility would benefit lots of users and not just me.

Cheers,
    Steven

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya Steven,

Fair enough. We'll take a look at it as a feature request then. Perhaps we could add a parameter of true/false for display (default to true) so that you can decide to hide one of the elements.

We'll take this into consideration. Thanks

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.