Spread appointments with Appointments +

Looking to setup a spread appointment for a site I'm developing but know that the plugin can't handle it be default.

Basically the hairdressers does a colour for a client which takes 30 minutes, then there is a 45 minute break (which can be booked for someone else) then they return to the original client for another 30 minutes

Can you suggest how this can be achieved?

• Predrag Dubajic

Hey @Spencer Read,

Hope you're doing well today :slight_smile:

In Appointments > Settings > Add-ons tab you can enable Paddings add-on.
    This will allow you to add padding times before/after the service or service provider.

This will allow you to make one provider busy while the other one is available.

Let me know if this is what you were looking for :slight_smile:

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Spencer,

I'm not sure what do you mean by this "Can you add padding into the middle?", this is not possible but I'm also wondering what will this help you accomplish so maybe we can find different solution for you?

If I have a service which is 90 minutes long and the working day starts at 9am, I can only book the service at 9, 10:30 or 12. Is there a setting where it can be booked at 9:30?

In Appointments > Settings > Add-ons you can enable Durations add-on and now General tab you will see Time slot calculus method option where you can select Minimum time based appointment duration calculus (legacy) and that should do it.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Spencer Read

Thanks for the reply, I'll try the durations add on later

The main problem I'm up against is this

Customer comes in for a service at 9am
    Total service length is 60 minutes.
    The service contains 2 parts each taking 30 minutes but is counted as 1 service.
    After the first part of the service the customer needs to wait 30 minutes until the second part can take place. Customer is then complete at 10:30am
    The overall appointment is 90 minutes but the provider only needs to be occupied for the first 30 and last 30 minutes. During the waiting time the service provider can provide another service to another customer as long as the service has a maximum length of 30 minutes

This is to do with hairdressing - 30 minutes to apply a colour to hair, 30 minutes to let it work and then 30 minutes to cut and style at the end.
    Whilst the colour is working the stylist doesn't need to be present with this customer and can work on someone else!

Hope this makes sense

...Spence

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Spence,

Thanks for the explanation here, however this is not something currently possible with the A+ plugin as the appointments can't be stacked over each other.

I checked with the developers regarding this and there is no easy way to make this work and it would require some complex code changes.

If you need to customize this then you can post a job in our job board where you can hire a developer to assist further:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/wpmu-jobs/
    Please note that, no WPMU official staff members are allowed to work in the job board.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Spence,

I have checked your conversation with Mike and it looks like he didn't completely understood your question, there is possibility to make overlapping appointments but not with the same provider which caused confusion.

I tried few solutions and as mentioned above talked with developer regarding this and unfortunately there is no easy way to make this work.

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.