SQL permissions when setting up WPMS

I am setting up a WPMS with the goal being to have my network be only able to essential post products and maybe an about them page. What do I need to consider when setting up my SQL DB in cpanel?

• DavidM

Hi jellis,

You wouldn't need to do anything with your database if you use a particular configuration of plugins. As an example, the Membership plugin can be used to restrict access to pretty much anything on your WordPress site. You could use it to restrict access to admin menus or sub-menus in order to limit abilities in the back-end.

You could also use a role editor to restrict access to features based on user roles. Membership itself integrates with user roles as well, so you could use it to further enhance the roles and capabilities of WordPress.

Given your use is multisite, you could take a look at setting up Membership to work with a global table. It's an experimental feature but it's quite nice. It's an option available in the membership-config.php file in the plugin folder.

If I'm off track or have misunderstood your request though, please feel free to let me know! :slight_smile:

Cheers,
    David

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.