SSD VPS that Allos Multiple IP'sw

Hi, I have a client with one very large site, one medium site and a small site. I need a VPS for the large site, but I'm really hoping to find an SSD VPS that allows for multiple IP's to be on the same account for the 3 SSL's. I prefer it to be an SSD to gain the speed for the site, but at this point I will be willing to look at anything that allows for multiple IPs on the same account. Hoping for something affordable, need 2Gig. And of course it wold need to be a reputable company with decent support, unmanaged VPS is ok as well. I have a server admin I can hire to manage for me.

The only option I've found is inmotion, but I was hoping for SSD.

Does anyone know of any....
I've already looked into a quite few such as...
Digital Ocean - only allows 1 per droplet

And others..

Let me know if anyone has some ideas.
Thanks!

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hello there Emex,

Thanks for posting on the forums.

I was also wondering about Digital Ocean but it does not allow multiple IP per droplet.

This is one I found, http://www.servint.net/ssd-vps-about.php?gclid=CICJstiPt7wCFawB4godKCcAjQ so you can contact them if they support multiple IP's per account.

BTW, I would personally suggest Digital ocean. You can add 3 droplets to a single account and manage all 3 sites separately. Wouldn't that work ?

Let us see if our members chime in with more options here.

Cheers, PC

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hey there,

But then WHM won't work on all three right?

No, it would not. Its only for a single server from what I have seen and tested (I haven't used WHM much)

Did you get in touch with the one I suggested ?

Also, if you install cPanel, you should be able to create different accounts with Multiple IP's can't you ? Just ask Digital Ocean guys once, I think they will be able to confirm that !

Cheers, PC

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hey there,

Thanks for posting back.

We have already changed to Dediserve cause they are the only SSD VPS I could find that allows multiple IPs

That is great. Unfortunately I have not heard about them. This is the first time I am looking at that.

May be one of our members chimes in with more info on an experience with Dediserve.

Cheers, PC

• phillcoxon
    • The Crimson Coder

Hey there.

I'm a big fan of Storm on Demand which is owned by LiquidWeb.

They have SSD fully managed cloud servers - great hardware, full root access, cPanel/WHM, resize the server specs at any time, great VPS management panel, allow for multiple IP addresses and also the multi-domain SSL certificates, great Service Level Agreements, L3 technicians on site 24/7 to help with server issues, Online support chats are answered within 1 minute, email service requests usually within 5-10 mins. Support staff have always been extremely helpful and have exceeded expectations.

StormOnDemand is not the cheapest but where it shines is the level of support provided which is pretty critical on some of the websites I host.

If you'd like more details (I can create a quick 2 min video tour of the management control panel etc) drop me a line - my email address is in my profile.

• phillcoxon
    • The Crimson Coder

You're welcome @Emex Online

Drop me a line if you want more info - I'm a big fan of StormOnDemand after having bad experiences with other VPS providers (*cough* Hostgator *cough*).

Digital Ocean is awesome as far as pure cost but you have to weigh it up very carefully with the fact that they are unmanaged and hence entirely up to the user to install, update, keep secure etc. I'd much, much rather pay extra each month for 24/7 support especially when dealing with client sites.

Forgot to mention that StormOnDemand have a free Sonar monitoring service so if things like the web server, mysql server stop responding they get notified and fix it up. So their support is often very proactive with stuff fixed before you even know about it (not that things go wrong that often).

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Thanks for your assistance on this one Phill.

Sorry for the delay in response as I was away due to bad health and could not get back to this any sooner. Please accept my apologies for the uninformed delay and any inconvenience it may have caused.

Emexonline, please feel free to keep the discussion on in case you need to :slight_smile:

Cheers, PC

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.