SSL question on mapped domain

Hi, my server give access to let'sinscript. So i can apply ssl for domain on cpanel.

My question is?

1. Can we ssl subdomain on multisite with let'inscript?
2. If subdomain can, how about mapped domain into this subdomain, can apply ssl too?

My plan is....
1. i have comodo wildcard domain, so no problem on subdomain ssl.
2. If i want use letsincript ssl on mapped domain on my domain is possible? Main site + Subomain use Comodo. And the mapped domain on the subsite use letsincript?

Thanks

• Sajid

Hello Mohd Afif,
    Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

As far as I know, letsencrypt does not provide wildcard SSL certificate for subdomains at the moment. But if you have separate SSL certificate for main site along with wildcard SSL certifiate for subdomains and a different - letsencrypt SSL for mapped domain then it should all work together without any issue.

I have not tried such setup myself at the moment but it should work fine without any issue.

Hope that helps! Feel free to post a reply if you need further assistance :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
    Sajid - WPMU DEV Support

• Sajid

Hello Mohd Afif,
    Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

I am really sorry for confusion. I thought there will be redirect from subdomian to another mapped domain but no. Its actually generating the SSL certificate for your other mapped domain that is also using the same IP where you have WordPress MultiSites and Subdomains.

I asked my senior colleague here is what he said on how to setup SSL certificate for mapped domains.

he couldn't do that as you can only add 1 cert per IP. So he'd actually require a server that supports SNI, and he'd have to use LetsEncrypt with AltsubjectName set for each additional mapped domain on the cert itself. So he'd have to lose the comodo wildcard SSL. either 1 or the other.

Also, please read this article for more details about using the SSL for Domain Mapping on MultiSites.

3. 1 more question, can we get SSL cert for park domain? I use on shared hosting.

No you can not have SSL certificate for Parked domain sine it requires VHOST that is not possible for parked domains. It has to be main domain or add-on domain.

Take care and have a nice day :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
    Sajid - WPMU DEV Support

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.