SSO User Sync Plugin

Hi,

When i use social login on on site the second site does not allow a user to add an account because the email already exists. Alternative if I link an account i get asked to enter a password but there would new no password in the WP database as I have used Social Login therefore it doesn't work.

• Luís
    • Support

Hi Ryan ,

Hope you're doing well today!

WordPress User Sync, synchronizes the "users" table, if the "social login " plugin is trying to create another account, it can't, because the account already exists.

What plugin are you using, so I can test it in my install?

Cheers, Luís

• Ryan
    • New Recruit

Hi Luis,

Thanks for your reply.

I am using WP Social Login.

If the account is already created but a password was never used then i'm thinking that my page won't recognise any password so the sync won't really work for my sites using WP Social login.

If you try yourself that would be great. Maybe I am doing something wrong.

• Luís
    • Support

Hi Ryan ,

Hope you're doing well today!

Firstly, sorry for the late reply and all the problems it may have caused.

I made somes tests with this plugin and it worked well with our WordPress User Sync:

https://wordpress.org/plugins/wordpress-social-login/

What I tested:

1) Using the plugin in both installations

I created an account in the "master" site using the "social media" plugin. After synchronize the websites, I went to the "sub site" and login successfully using the "social media" plugin.

2) Using the plugin on the "sub site" only

In the "master" site I registered an account through the default "Users" menu in admin dashboard and using the same email as the Facebook account.

In the "sub site", I login using Facebook in the "social media" plugin successfully.

I think the users knows that already have an account in both sites, right? So, I just changed a setting in Settings -> WP Social Login -> Bouncer, "Link user account" to "No", to avoid the panel in the login process asking to create a new account or to use an existing one. It will always use the "synchronized" account

I hope this information has been helpful. If I can help you in this or other questions, please let me know!

Cheers, Luís

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.