Can staff members set irregular availability?

Hi there!

Im trying to achieve something quite specific and am trying to find the right plugin for the job. I want to create a system where a staff member can log in and set their availability, and then allow an end user to book an appointment from the front end without an account... BUT the staff member is NOT available at regular times. They might be available from 1-3pm tomorrow, and from 5-8pm the next day. Can this be created easily with appointments+? It looks from screenshots and usage explanation like it is easily possible for staff members to create regularly available slots, (eg every wednesday 9-5), but is there a way from them to add irregular slots one at a time (other than to make all day every day available and then book out virtually everything as 'time off'' in order to leave their available times for booking - obviously this is a very laborious task!).

I hope this question makes sense? Thanks in advance for any reply.

Best

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello @loganrtate,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

Our Appointments+ plugin by design supports the "regular" schedules best, meaning that it's easy to create a schedule that although may be different for different days is recurring weekly.

I can think though of two different ways to go:

1. In case you allowed your staff members (you'd need to make them "service providers") they'd be able to alter their schedule "on the fly". The downside is that users would be able to book appointments far in future and this would pose problems.

2. You could consider switching to Events+. This is mostly for "one-time" events but you can limit event capacity as well and staff member (given proper capabilites) could create his/her schedule as simple appointments, as many of them as they wish. Those may be totally variable then.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/events-plus/

If you have any further questions please ask and I'll be glad to assist!

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.