Staging / Live System

The issue is: we are using the plugin on a staging/live wpengine site. On staging ver******ng.staging.wpengine.com we edit all and make transfers to live im***ulse.sw****e.ch

1. We want to have the leads not for a newsletter, we want to get them directly to us. So because it is not possible to generate an admin email for a lead we use the option that the datas get stored in a csv file / database, If we make a transfer from staging to live, all datas on live get removed and we lose them.

2. We have one PopUp configured that it appears if a client try to leave. Unfortunatly if the client accept the cookie disclaimer below of the site, the PopUp appears immediately.

For the cookies disclaimer, we are using the WP DSGVO Tools plugin.

• Nithin

Hi Beat,

1. We want to have the leads not for a newsletter, we want to get them directly to us. So because it is not possible to generate an admin email for a lead we use the option that the datas get stored in a csv file / database, If we make a transfer from staging to live, all datas on live get removed and we lose them.

I'm afraid, this would be a default behaviour in general, that's it'll overwrite changes made in the staging to live site. So, staging site will overwrite the email list in such case for Hustle.

I'm afraid, it'll require manual exporting the list of emails as CSV from the live site before pushing any changes from Staging, so you could have access to the email list locally.

Easiest method would be to use a 3rd party email service like MailChimp in Hustle, so the email list would be intact in MailChimp list, won't that help in such case? I do understand this won't allow you to get the email list directly, and will require logging into Mailchimp to get the email list.

I'll have to check with a developer to see whether there is any workaround that could be applied in such context, will keep you posted regarding that via the ticket. However, in general any changes made in the staging site, if pushed to live will get overwritten, and the same applies for Hustle.

2. We have one PopUp configured that it appears if a client try to leave. Unfortunatly if the client accept the cookie disclaimer below of the site, the PopUp appears immediately.

I tested in your staging site, and not able to replicate such a behaviour. Once I accept the cookie, the popup doesn't appear immediately. Tried to browser through other pages, but I don't see any issue with Popup appearing.

At the moment, it seems like exit intent is what's the enabled for the Popup to trigger, so the popup will appear whenever the mouse goes outside the browser window, or when browser tabs are switched. Is that the case where you see the popup ?

You can check this video:
    https://www.screencast.com/t/oVgJaFRqp8

If you still have issue regarding this, please share a screencast, or steps to replicate the issue, so that we could give a closer look, if needed.

Regards,
    Nithin

• Beat

Hello Nithin

Thank you very much for your answer and time.

In general, a MySQL dump will be executed during a transfer, but overwriting it may well be possible.

More important for us is to generate the leads. I mean there are millions of ways to create leads and today this is just standard and very effective. Most PopUp or Modals plugins have a lot of possibilities and great tools. But simply none is ideal here. Either the system doesn't use cookies, so it doesn't fit into our environment, or you can't get leads decently.

It would be a really great added value for your system, if leads can not only be generated for a newsletter, but by a simple "Notify Admin Email" function for everything!

Of course it is now something to ask directly, but could you imagine releasing this feature? And can you tell us how long this can/will take? A simple email to the admins with the details as soon as a lead is filled in.

Best regards,
    Beat

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello Beat,

It would be a really great added value for your system, if leads can not only be generated for a newsletter, but by a simple "Notify Admin Email" function for everything!

What about using Hustle + Forminator tandem to get those leads on email?

You can create a form in Forminator - that will send a notification to Admin with lead, so you will have copy also outside of the site.

kind regards,
    Kasia

• Patrick Freitas

Hi Beat
    Hope you are doing well.

You can edit the Forminator Form CSS on the Form Settings > Appearance > Custom CSS.

/** Label **/
    .forminator-label {
        color:#fff;
    }

/** Button **/
    #forminator-submit {
        background:#fff;
        color:#000;
    }

You can change the hexadecimal color instead of that one I used, to pick the hexadecimal value you can use this website https://www.w3schools.com/colors/colors_picker.asp

Let us know if you need any help on this.
    Best Regards,
    Patrick Freitas

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.