Stalking Mason about WordCamp

Tim told me to stalk you and find out where you are going for WordCamp 2013. So where ya going Mason? I say we organize our own; in the middle of the USA. Maybe STL Mo. or a small town just out side of STL. What ya think???

• 3SixtyEvolve
    • New Recruit

Haha, Mark (@MTB1701)

I will make sure that @masonjames gets this message and responds promptly :stuck_out_tongue:

I would love to come, but I am very far from USA. Maybe we can hold a WordCamp in a nice holiday destination, so I can go on holiday too :slight_smile:

Have fun planning this!

Gina

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Haha!

No need to stalk, I'd love to meet up! :slight_smile:

I'll be at WordCamp Orlando in December of this year, but haven't made plans for next year. We'd discussed potentially Austin for next year, or maybe Pheonix. Both are kinda central :slight_smile:

Folks I meet at WordCamps get free DEV stuff as well. It's always fun meeting members.

• Mark Wallace
    • Learn-ing-er

Oh come to USA Gina, we have lots to do here. You can be my official guest! The whole staff should come. We can set up a WPMU Dev command center. lol I even know some butchers that follow teachings! My Pakistani friend took me there before he returned home. Beside if I leave the USA they might not let me back in. lol

• Mark Wallace
    • Learn-ing-er

Orlando in December, i love swimming in the winter, and all the theme parks too! We will have to speak to time about this.

@Gina, Orlando is a vacation destination!

TX. & AZ. are on the east coast of USA. If we planned one ourselves; in the middle of USA, and timed it right, we could draw a larger crowed. How many people usually show up to WordCamp? There are very few php groups in STL. None for WordPress. We should spread the news. lol And yes I live close to STL. “ROFL”

• Timothy Bowers
    • Chief Pigeon

@Gina B there are some nice holiday spots in the US. I was thinking of going out there. :slight_smile:

@MTB1701 thanks for using those words, @masonjames IM'd me to tell me off. lol Secretly I know he loves having fans. :wink:

@masonjames I always love free stuff, could I have some as well? ha ha

• Mark Wallace
    • Learn-ing-er

This word makes my head spin *acronyms*, I looked it up in the dictionary and got even more confused. I was educated in the USA GinaB. We only rank like 30th in the world. lol Here let me google it. Boy that was a mistake; how am I supost to understand this:
    *** There is no universal agreement on the precise definition of the various terms (see nomenclature) nor on written usage (see orthographic styling). In English and most other languages, such abbreviations have historically had limited use, but their coinage and use became much more common in the 20th century. As a type of word formation process, acronyms and initialisms are viewed as a subtype of blending.***

Oh GinaB shame on you. Using English words I cannot understand. lol

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Whew. Organizing one. Now THAT is a ton of work. I've not participated to that level at a WordCamp yet, though I hope to in the future.

We have several members on staff for whom Texas would be an ideal location which is why I mentioned Austin. Also, Phoenix is one of the larger ones of the year, I believe, as is New York.

In terms of size it can vary quite a bit. We had nearly 1000 people in New York this year but earlier in Miami we had around 300.

• Mark Wallace
    • Learn-ing-er

@Mason
    ***Whew. Organizing one. Now THAT is a ton of work. I've not participated to that level at a WordCamp yet, though I hope to in the future.***

No time like the present! I say we start WordCruise. Each year we do a different cruise line.

@Tim
    Yeah TX. is good, that steak has my name all over it. lol When i first seen Man Vs. Food i was a little mad i didnt think of that myself. What a way to make a living!

• Mark Wallace
    • Learn-ing-er

Blue is my favorite color! Royal blue on silk! I love cold weather too! I am planning a trip to NE and SE Asian next fall, but didn’t plan on doing any mountain climbing. lol

ohh you have those Really hot chili peppers there. I was happy I had the Caribbean Red Chili; it was the hottest until they discovered that pepper in India. What is it called?

So you coming to the USA for WordCamp PC?

• Mark Wallace
    • Learn-ing-er

There is the answer!

WordCamp 2013, Hosted by WPMU Dev. Come see the WPMU Dev mobile command center in STL. MO. Meet Members and the Staff, get free prizes from Mason, Mind bending words from GinaB, a bare knuckle brawl between PC and Timothy over curry, with all you can eat international buffet. and @$$ burner hot wings from MTB1701. We have a winner here folks! Lets start taking reservations. lol

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.