Start / End time error if not entered in 24 hour clock format

If you try to publish an event and put 1pm as the start time, it lets you publish the event but sets the data and time to January 1, 1970 without a start time. Same issue for end time.

I know that a 24 hour clock time format is required, however not all authors of the site know this.

So, i’m asking that you impliment a warning function as well as a label to instruct authors that they must use a 24 hour clock format for the time. If they try to add 1pm or 1:00 or anything other that 13:00 format, show a red error message and dont allow them to publish the event.

• Nazmul H. Rupok
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Hi there,

Hope you are doing well today. Thanks for bringing this our attention. Yes, there is currently no built-in option to switch to an am/pm time format, as opposed to a 24-hour format.

That could be a handy option to integrate though, as a good percentage of our members are located in North America.

As such, I’ll move this to the Features & Feedback forum to give it more exposure in the community. Let’s see if anyone +1 for this.

Have a nice day. Cheers!

Nazmul

• Hagai
    • Flash Drive

Hi guys,

It doesn't look like this has been addressed.

The problem is that an incorrect date is being entered into the database and furthermore, you can not edit the event afterwards to fix it. You must re-create the entire event.

This is definitly a bug and should be fixed ASAP.

See screenshot.

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Hagai,

I have tested this on my installation by entering 1PM as a start and end time and the date did set to 1970 as you mentioned above, however I was able to edit the event after that and when I changed date to current one and time to proper format I was able to save it and the values updated properly.

Would you mind allowing support access so we can have a closer look at this on your end?

To enable support access you can follow this guide here:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/docs/getting-started/getting-support/#chapter-4

Please respond in this thread once access is granted.

Best regards,

Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.