starting upfront in wordpress

Hello,
I´m starting building my website with upfront watching video tutorials > first problem I´ve noticed : After click on the Upfront-button (, there is the issue-theme for a few seconds , when after loading > looks like this ;
Should look like this I guess ; I can start upfront > clicking the "Upfront"-Button in the sitebar > "Builder"> "Edit in Builder"; So no problem <> but I would know, why I can´t start the builder like I should and if there are perhaps other problems relationated with this.
For example : in the builder I can´t find the "undo"-button > very difficult to work like this, if you are a beginner;
Thank´s a lot for your help and sorry for my bad english

best regards
Patrick Müller

• Rupok

Hi Patrick Müller ,

I'm so sorry for the inconvenience you are having. Let me help you to fix these issues.

At first, let me clarify one thing. Upfront Editor and Upfront Builder are two different things and both have different purpose. With Upfront Editor, you can create posts/pages and edit content, edit page design etc. It's like what you normally do in WordPress post/page editor.

On the other hand, Upfront Builder is theme editor, and that is used for creating layouts for your theme. I mean, single post layout, single page layout, archieve layout etc.

So if you are trying to build your site with any Upfront theme, and change content design, you should work with Upfront Editor. But if you are trying to change theme layout and export, only then you should be using Upfront Builder.

Now regarding your issues, I just loaded Upfront *Editor* in my test site with "Issue" theme but it looks fine inside the Editor. Please check the attached screenshot for reference.

So I think, this is your site specific issue. Can you please make sure you are using latest version of Upfront and the Issue theme? If not, can you please update all and check again? I believe, this will resolve your issue.

If updating everything doesn't resolve this issue, can you please check in your browser console for errors after loading Upfront Editor? If any error is being shown there, can you please copy those and paste here? This will give us valuable insight regarding the issue.

Can you please also try adding the following line in your "wp-config.php" file?
    define('UPFRONT_DEBUG_LEVELS', 'dependencies');
    To do this, please login to your server with any FTP Application and go to the root folder of your site. There you will find a file named "wp-config.php". Open that file and add this line in that file and save. This should fix your issue.

If nothing of the above helps, would you mind allowing Support Access so we can have a closer look at this?

To enable support access you can follow this guide here:
    http://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Please confirm here when you are done granting Support Access. We will be glad to have a look.

in the builder I can´t find the "undo"-button

Yes, in Upfront Builder, there is no Undo button in default view. However, if you click on the "Responsive" button to go to responsive editor, Undo button is there.

At this moment, that Undo button is not working in responsive mode, but I've already pinged our developers regarding this and they are working on it. I believe, they will come up with a fix very soon.

Please keep in mind, our developers work round the clock and they have to deal with lots of critical issues and other things. So it may take a little while for them to check this and release a fix. I appreciate your patience.

very difficult to work like this, if you are a beginner

Well, it seems to be a little complex in first look, but it's really easy to work with once you get used to it. The reason is, there are lots of options and features to make your web design and development experience easier. With Upfront, you can completely design and develop a WordPress theme without writing a single line of code. To facilitate this, we had to add lots of options and that's why it seems a bit complex at first. Please let us know if you get confused with anything or at any point. We are always here to help.

Please let us know if you have any further query. We will be glad to help.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok