Static files have a question mark that stops caching

Hi,

Is there a reason why these files are questioned about their version every time they are loaded?

It is effecting the load time of my site, as caching is not possible.

.../wp-content/plugins/events-and-bookings/css/upcoming_calendar_widget.css?ver=4.1.1
../wp-content/plugins/marketpress-includes/lightbox/style/lumebox.css?ver=2.9.6
.../wp-content/plugins/marketpress-includes/themes/modern.css?ver=2.9.6

Report here:

http://gtmetrix.com/reports/tradr.com/46BGu8Zh

Cheers,

Johnny

• Tyler Postle

Hey Johnny,

Hope you're doing well today!

I spoke to one of our developers on this to make sure I got an accurate answer for you.

The reason we query a certain version is for dependency management. For example, If we test something up to version 1.8 but the latest version is 1.9 then we can explicitly tell the server to load the reliable version.

$ver (string) (optional) String specifying the script version number, if it has one, which is concatenated to the end of the path as a query string. If no version is specified or set to false, then WordPress automatically adds a version number equal to the current version of WordPress you are running. If set to null no version is added. This parameter is used to ensure that the correct version is sent to the client regardless of caching, and so should be included if a version number is available and makes sense for the script.

You should be able to remove it without many side effects. Set it to "null" then you should be good to go :slight_smile:

If you need any further assistance on this just let us know!

All the best,
    Tyler

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.