static posts and widgets

Hello!

I have a few questions... I use the Spirit theme- my url is nicolebeholds.com. I would like for the home page to include static posts that I can choose and that will be listed at the bottom of the page. How do I do this?

Secondly- I would like a few widgets to include my personal instagram feed and another with my twitter feed. How do I do this? (I try and try but can't do it despite all my plugins.. in the editor mode, all I see is "text" as a widget option and when I click it, nothing comes up)

Third- how do I insert more visual images on the homepage for social networking? You'll notice the textbox with the f, for facebook and bird for twitter, but how can I find one and install it for instagram and pinterest and email/subscription?

• Nastia

Hello Nicole

I trust you are doing well today!

I would like for the home page to include static posts that I can choose and that will be listed at the bottom of the page

You can do this with the Posts element. Drag and drop this element at the bottom of your page.
    Select Single post option.

- Go to element settings,
    - Select Custom Posts(s) option
    - Click om the " Select custom post" to choose the post

I would like a few widgets to include my personal instagram feed and another with my twitter feed

You can try this site to generate th eInstagramm feed:
    https://lightwidget.com/

Once you genarate the code, you can drag & drom the code element in to the region and add 3rd party code inside the code editor.

As for the Twitter feed, any Twitter plugin that includes a Twitter widget should work here. You'll be able to access all the widgets you have installed from within the Upfront Editor. You can try this plugin https://wordpress.org/plugins/easy-twitter-feed-widget/

how do I insert more visual images on the homepage for social networking?

By default, Sprit doesn't have a large gamma of social images. Howver you can use widget from this plugin:
    https://wordpress.org/plugins/social-stickers/

Otherwise, you will have to use HTML and CSS code to add more social icons. Please check out my colleague Ash's reply, here: https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/is-there-an-instagram-icon-in-the-spirit-theme#post-820343

I hope this helps!

Cheers,
    Nastia

• Nastia

Hello Nicole

I hope you are doing well today!

how do I change the font size for titles of posts on my home page?

If you mean how to change the font within the post element than please follow these steps:
    - Open element's settings
    - Go to Post Parts Settings
    - Click on Title
    - Click on "Edit HTML"

HTML editor will pop up at the bottom of the page. In the line below:

<h3><a href="{{permalink}}" title="{{title}}">{{title}}</a></h3>

Change the number in <h3> & </h3> tags to 2 or 1 to make the font bigger. Or to 4 / 5 / 6 to make it smaller

For example, if you want the font smaller, the code line should look like this:

<h5><a href="{{permalink}}" title="{{title}}">{{title}}</a></h5>

Also- how do I change the font of menu items at the top?

To change the menu's font, please click on the settings icon, go to appearance and create a new preset like it is shown in the attached screenshot (you can give any name to this preset):

Once a new preset is created, in Static tab under the "TYPOGRAPHY" you can choose the font you like. From there, you can change the font size and font color as well.

I hope this helps!

Cheers,
    Nastia

• Nicole

you're awesome. Here's another one:
    How do I individually customize a blog post (different than what shows up on home page/recent posts). I was able to do that on my home page, but when I go to the individual post/element, the left side bar does not give many options. Only padding options and featured image option appears.

I want to change the format of the date and where it appears. I also want to format the featured image to be "fit in space". I would like to take off the author of the post/change the font, the font weight, and the font size.

thanks in advance

• Sajid

Hi Nicole,
    Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

You can customize the individual posts as well like you do on other page. But while saving the changes make sure you select save changes only for this post (see screenshot) instead of all posts of this type.

Regarding the post meta, the Title, Written by and Date is grouped by default. If you want to display on different position then you have to Un-Group those first and then place any where on the page :slight_smile:

Also the images can be adjusted accordingly. Hover over the image and select the best view to corp, fit to screen, fill the view port or even adjust the position by hand.

Take care and have a nice day :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
    Sajid

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.