StatPress Reloaded and Multi-DB not working ?

Greetings,
I am using:
WPMU version 2.7.1
StatPress Reloaded version 1.5.21 (http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/statpress-reloaded/)
Multi-DB version 2.7.0 or 2.7.1 (both tested, read more below)

I have problems to get Statpress Reloaded and Multi-Db working together. This issue has for example been discussed in thes post previously:
https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic.php?id=435
"...Fix was to delete the statpress folder and everything started working again..."

Further explanation of the problem:
If I have Statpress Reloaded in my plugins folder...
... and Multi-DB is not used: Statpress Reloaded and wpmu works all ok.
... and Multi-DB version 2.7.0 is installed: New blogs can not be created. No tables for the blog are created for the new blog and when you try to visit the blog you get a message saying the blog was not installed correctly.
... and Multi-DB version 2.7.1 is installed: New blogs CAN be created and Statpress Reloaded SEEMS to work (have not tested it enough to know it's stable) BUT to activate Statpress Reloaded on a blog I must activate it TWO TIMES.

I must activate it TWO TIMES beqause the first time I activate it, the menu item for Statpress Reloaded is added and when I click the menu item I do NOT see the Statpress Reloaded graphs. The Statpress Reloaded admin area is empty and on my next click the plugin uninstalls itself. After that I go to the plugins page and installs Statpress once again. This time it works.

Why? :slight_smile:

I see that the new thing in Multi-DB version 2.7.1 is "support" for SHOW TABLES LIKE queries.
Perhaps you are missing some other queries or the SHOW TABLES LIKE query is not working completely right with multi-db?

And also a honest set of questions:
Do you beleive it has problems with other queris than "SHOW TABLES LIKE" ?
Could it be that you have forgotten some other queries to? :wink:
Should I be afraid to use the multi-db plugin?

Thanks and regards,
Olof

• Barry
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

It sounds like a table creation issue. I've not used statpress before so I'm not sure if it creates tables on the blog or site level and the naming convention for them.

If you have a look in your database, can you see what tables have been created for statpress and what they are called and post here.

The multi-db 2.7.1 update fixed the Show tables like issue, so if the other plugin was using this query to see if it had created its tables correctly it would not have worked with a pre 2.7.1 install.

• James Farmer
    • CEO (of WPMU DEV, honest)

Yep, I've never used statpress before (certainly not with multidb) - to be quite honest too, the only successful implementation of integrated statistics we've done has been with piwik.org - otherwise I'd highly recommend looking into Analytics + one of the new dashboard plugins for that.

• drmike
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

It sounds like, and I'll admit that I'm skimming here, that the table creation portion out of statpress is causing the issues. The same thing happened with wp-shortstat. Our solution was to strip out the blog creation portion of the wp-shortstat code. We then added in the db table creation code, rewritten for wpmu of course, into a separate plugin that hooked into the blog creation hook like the new default plugins do.

I don;t and most of my clients don't delete blogs so I haven't had any feedback on that.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.