Status Adds A Line For Each Character +

Status Adds A Line For Each Character that is added to the text area. This is particularly annoying when a person is entering a lot of text/lines.

Another issue I've noticed is that it's not adding paragraph tags. The content turns in to one big block of text because it's not being formatted properly.

Saving it as a draft, and going through the full text editor to manually added the paragraph tags works, but even that is somewhat frustrating.

I don't know if this would be considered a bug report or a feature request. It might even be both.

Fixing these two issues would really make this plugin easier to use.

Thanks!

~Corey

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there Corey,

I hope you are well today and sorry for the delay with my reply.

I have just tested this on my own test site and didn't come across the same problems as you I'm afraid, could you test with 2012 theme please, in case this is a theme conflict :slight_smile:

Thank you!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• NetPotion
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Hi Jack,

I switch to 2012 and deactivated all plugins. I'm still seeing the same issue on one of the sites I spoke of. (Haven't tried the other)

I put this on a newer install and it didn't exhibit the same behavior. The only thing I can see that is different is that the sites which Status doesn't seem to work right are running through CloudFlare, and the new one isn't at the moment.

I'm going to do some more looking into this when I get time. I just wanted to update this in case you had any other ideas.

Thanks Jack!

~ Corey

• NetPotion

UPDATE: I believe I've figured this out. It appears to be a browser bug. It's happening in Google Chrome, but not in IE10. I've verified this on two sites now.

Could you please try Status in Chrome and see if you can replicate the problem on your test site?

Thanks,

~ Corey

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there Corey,

I hope you are well today and sorry for the extreme delay with my reply, nothing is small scale here, all our customers questions are important as each other :slight_smile:

I had missed your previous reply, thanks for the update on the chrome issue, I have tried with Chrome on Windows 8 and get the same issue, but not on Chrome on Mac, Can you confirm on which O/S you are using it please? :slight_smile:

Thank you!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• NetPotion

Well it's been 3 weeks since I've started this thread and I haven't gotten an answer yet about how to fix it. All I know at this point is that it has been confirmed as a browser bug. No dev has been pinged, to my knowledge.

I guess this isn't important for some reason.

I trashed a full site because this was an important part of it. I'd like to offer it to my clients, but it would obviously irritate them - as it has me.

I apologize for expecting bugs to be fixed. The world doesn't owe me a thing, and neither do I owe WPMUDEV a thing very soon then - I guess.

This is insulting. I deserve better. We all do.

Take that as you will

~ Corey

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there Corey,

I apologize about the extreme delay on this thread. It was never my intention to annoy you or ignore you, I had missed your last replies and due to that a developer hadn't been flagged till now as I awaiting confirmation on the O/S, which I see you provided very quickly and I had missed that.

I have now flagged the lead developer on the issue and also sent him an email for you.

Would it be possible to provide me with some admin login details, So I also further debug, it would be very handy also if you could provide FTP details.

If that would be possible please send to contact(at)wpmudev.org with the subject line Attn: Jack Kitterhing

Please confirm once sent and I will then check the issue and debug further, to provide the lead developer with as much info as possible.

Again I apologize about the extreme delay and look forward to getting this fixed for you.

Thank you.

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• Vladislav
    • Dead Eye Dev

Hello,

Thank you very much for bringing this into focus. The plugin does have a bit of code that should regulate the size of the text input box as you type - although this should only happen as needed (i.e. when the box becomes too small to hold all the text), and not on every keystroke. Obviously we have an issue here, and you did an awesome job in debugging and narrowing down the environments in which it happens. We'll do our best to fix it, and I hope I'll be coming back with some good news soon.

• NetPotion

Thanks guys. Sorry for being so pissy last night. WPMUDEV is great, and I appreciate your assistance.

I killed the site I had this plugin installed on, but it is easily replicated just by using the setup described above. At least that was my experience.

Thanks Jack and Vladislav,

~ Corey

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.